Intercooler help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 01:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Intercooler help

Hello! Thankyou for the attention.

I'm most of the way through a fresh rebuild on my turbo ZC (new gaskets, w pump, machined head etc).
The mechanic helping me is great but hes no honda expert.
The setup is running very small boost, but i'd like to strap on a front-mount intcooler while everything is being pieced back together.

Question; What intercooler could I use? (From what car or model). Does only
the size matter?
And shall I only purchase one that comes with piping? would it be
easy to find a piping kit suited especially for ZC?
What kind of piping would you choose if you could NOT weld? (if
that is possible)

THANKYOU! god bless
minxley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 04:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

If you cannot weld I would look up go autoworks and buy one of there intercooler kits, I herd they fit nicely and everything is great quality. It doesn't really matter what size anything helps just remember the bigger you go you will have to either remove the crash support beam or trim the inside of the bumper
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2012, 04:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

If you can stand to not have the blingiest polished aluminum eBay piping . . . any exhaust shop can bend up steel exhaust tube to fit if they are creative enough.

The eBay kits aren't exactly correct for any car. They never fit correctly.

I would, as Blu3 pointed out, recommend anything by Go. They have excellent parts and very reasonable prices.

A SAAB or DSM Sidemount intercooler is a tried and true option. I wouldn't use them on anything upgraded as far as a turbo goes, but for smaller turbos they are sized well enough and are easier to fit in the fender well than a typical FMIC.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in