zcspeed.com adapter plate - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default zcspeed.com adapter plate

Hello, I will probably buy a zcspeed adapter plate for my OBD0 ZC. What intake manifold will fit to my engine with this adapter plate ? What are your advices ? what is the best power gain by price ratio ?
Thank you
djkina is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

dohc zc is the best OEM d16 mani, and i bet it would be little gain in an aftermart one with out heavy mods.
Quote:
TRANSZEX:"I'm having fun on MY budget"
ForeverDeath is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Best OEM, possibly, but if one wants to mount a SOHC supercharger or get more power with the same amount of boost and switch to, say, an Edelbrock manifold, it is entirely worth it, and that is exactly why I have my ZCSpeed adapter plate.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

The DOHC ZC IM is far from the best IM. I don't particualarly care for any OEM IM.

The ZCSpeed plate worked great on a customers A1 using a Performer-X. It only needed to be modified to clear the block as the head was milled.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

Aquafina is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2012, 06:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 JBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I like this one:
JBrettHowell is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

That's out of the reach of most people. :P

The JDM DOHC D manifold is the best OEM manifold, IMO. Not the best manifold, but the best OEM manifold.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

The obd1 dohc zc im is more like a z6.

Jswap 4dr

Boost 4dr

Twin scrol

F2B
turboprelude95 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 47 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboprelude95 View Post
The obd1 dohc zc im is more like a z6.
Not even close, put them side by side. The DOHC ZC head has 2mm larger ports, and the intake manifold is larger as a result. The plenum is way larger, and I'm fairly sure the runners are slightly shorter.

ZCHONDACRX91 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Bingo.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 arny213 is learning the way of the Darny213 is learning the way of the D

just run the obd-1 dohc zc IM with a nice TB and you will have plenty of flow in upwards of 400whp

Quote:
Posted by KUNGFUHUSTLER
Holy isht man! You pulled this off faster then a $20 bill in a titty bar! big props to you!

Re:ive been running the everliving *** out of this thing ALOT. beat 3 bikes in the past 2 days alone. probably nearing over 50 hwy pulls lol..still holding up awesome! its a wierd feeling because im use to having to replace the tranny by now. CG ftmfw!
---------
93 civic hatch d16 street car [email protected]
arny213 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 arny213 is learning the way of the Darny213 is learning the way of the D

I like this one

Quote:
Posted by KUNGFUHUSTLER
Holy isht man! You pulled this off faster then a $20 bill in a titty bar! big props to you!

Re:ive been running the everliving *** out of this thing ALOT. beat 3 bikes in the past 2 days alone. probably nearing over 50 hwy pulls lol..still holding up awesome! its a wierd feeling because im use to having to replace the tranny by now. CG ftmfw!
---------
93 civic hatch d16 street car [email protected]
arny213 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 staticchmbr is learning the way of the Dstaticchmbr is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i bought the obd1 dohc zc intake manifold, and it works great on my turbo 89 integra
d16a1 .. plus it now allows me to use newer and larger honda/acura throttle bodies, as well as remove my MAP sensor from the firewall. i ended up bolting a b18 throttle body up to it
Old 04-22-2013, 06:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticchmbr View Post
i bought the obd1 dohc zc intake manifold, and it works great on my turbo 89 integra
d16a1 .. plus it now allows me to use newer and larger honda/acura throttle bodies, as well as remove my MAP sensor from the firewall. i ended up bolting a b18 throttle body up to it
7 months old man...

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in