DOHC Zc running probs wtf car!!!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv
Default DOHC Zc running probs wtf car!!!!

run down

i had code 8 and 9 both are fixed now and the car has no codes at all

dohc zc
rebuilt new everything pretty much

vitaras
eagles
thats the only real aftermarket stuff

ebay turbo kit

as far as i know stock pump
dsm red tops
aem fpr unknown fuel pressure no gauge

when car starts its a tiny choppy takes gas turbo spools up ect ect

after like a few min it wont take gas and starts to pop threw intake and exhaust.

when i had code 8 i learned the belt was one tooth off. so that fixed code 8 so timing should be right on

as for the tune on the car thats a different story

it is obd0 with a chipped pm6. the tune i guess was for the stock motor and the egay kit. but now with the new pistions that will be off. but i think it should still run half ass decent

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

Anytime it pops through the intake, that is a timing problem.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

sigh kinda what i knew to lol

i wonder how far the shit is off. with the exhaust off 1 tooth before it still started and ran

with the exhaust cam moved one tooth it still runs, and kinda runs the same. ill try to get pics and or a video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

It could be me and my jacked up eyes but the pic Beav has posted on the link for your other thread looked like both intake and exhaust sat lower 1 tooth. Could just be me tho.. Def sounds like timing with the popping and all

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

ya i seen that in the pic i wasnt sure if it was the angle of the camera or what

i see beave is on to

BEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Ok here are some pics.

#1 at tdc on compression stroke.
seems to line up
dizzy rotor at #1 also

this pic is before i moved the exhaust cam 1 tooth

Old 08-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

I'm no help. The only time I've ever had popping out the intake is when I boogered up the plug wire order AND cam timing. After I fixed that, I've never had issues. The pics of the cam gears look correct to me, but I haven't timed a DOHC D or even looked at mine in years. heh

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

ah well shit lol idk what to try now

Ideas anyone???

Old 08-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Ok according to this thread here

he says line the lines up perfect not one lower then the other

the guy did it and car ran fine....

https://www.d-series.org/forums/dohc-...-zc-motor.html

Old 08-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 47 reviews

Was the head milled with the vitaras? Eagle stock length rods + vitara's in DOHC ZC = well below 7:1 compression, with compression that low I've seen them run like total crap like you have, especially untuned.

Also, pull the valve cover and do the dowel trick, anything about that size can be used to line it up (screw/bolt/drill bit etc....) then check timing again on crank pulley and cam gears. Make sure you are looking at the white TDC mark on pulley. Also check valve lash while you have the valve cover off. Check ignition timing while it's idling good and bad to see if it's totally off. In the bottom pic the timing was off. It all comes down to if the correct parts are on the engine (crank pulley, cam gears, and cams). Check TDC mechanically (take spark plug out and do the screwdriver trick), then make sure the mark is in the correct place.

ZCHONDACRX91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

the zeal calculator says 6.55:1............sigh

Old 08-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #12 (permalink)

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
the zeal calculator says 6.55:1............sigh
My dads 37 chevy straight 6 has more compression then that

Old 08-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

im happy for him, does me no good though

anyway to fix this?

Old 08-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 dj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

With eagle/vitara it will be 6.5 very effin" low. Your timing looks correct once you fixed the exhaust. Like what the guy above me says zchondacrx91 you could also do the "PIN" trick. Open valve cover and their will be holes on the cams.

But that picture below looks correct now. When you say "not taking gas" Sounds like fuel issue.

-fuel pressure should be check @most.

dj211855 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!

If the bottom end is at top dead center, the exhaust cam gear marks should be level with the head and the intake cam gear should be level with the head. The only time the marks are supposed to be off is if you are using b-series cam gears.

1. Is your crank pulley on?
2. In that pic you have too much slack in the t-belt, so I can't see if you are a tooth off.
3. Definitely use the holes to hold the cams, it takes the guess work out.

With the slack I can see in the timing belt, the top picture looks closer to right then the bottom pic after you adjusted the exhaust cam.

Does it sound like a lawn mower by chance?
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.

Last edited by rico58204; 08-10-2012 at 11:25 AM.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
im happy for him, does me no good though

anyway to fix this?
It means it won't ever run good, if I were you I would pull the head and mill it or get some different pistons. Do what I said above to check timing and if it still doesn't run right, check plugs and O2 to see if it's running rich or very lean. Also if the head was milled timing might need to be corrected for it.

^^^ Install belt correctly, align and with tensioner bolt loose turn counter-clockwise until about a 1/4 turn on crank or 3 teeth on cam gears. Tighten tensioner bolt and check again. It does look like it has a bit of slack, which would really screw up timing. It's should be fairly tight.

Last edited by ZCHONDACRX91; 08-10-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

if the timing was off i think the codes 8 and 9 would come back

Old 08-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!

When mine was off I didn't have a code. My intake was off one tooth. It ran rough and backfired out of the intake.

On a side not, my ZC was all stock.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

How new is that timing belt?
Old 08-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowturbocx View Post
How new is that timing belt?
not even a hours of use lol its all brand new

prob gonna pop vc and see wtf them holes are lined up to fuck i hate dual cams

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in