dohc zc dizzy pic bad yes or no - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv
Default dohc zc dizzy pic bad yes or no

As mentioned in my other thread. the car didnt throw the code 8 until after the rebuild. the dizzy sat on the shop floor for like 2 moths not touched..

lmk what ya think.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Looks like mine.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 moff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I'd clean those rusty ass screws for one...

Old 08-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 JBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

check the play in the bearing in the housing...if it's good, clean her up and go. I'm assuming the ignitor and coil check out ok...?
JBrettHowell is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

car runs but wont take gas now at all. idle is a little choppy and it pops a lil bit.

the code 8 didnt come until after the rebuild.
gonna quadrupil check the timing
firing order is correct.

also i havent tried yet but if it matter can the cam sensor be installed 180 off? even before the rebuild it had code 9. i hear that those cam sensors very rarely go out

got a text on how to check the ignitor?
Coil I assume is fine since it starts the car. Ill ohm it though if i can get the screws out lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

of rerererechecked timing lol

big o pic.

piston at tdc on compression stroke,

Old 08-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Neon out there

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

Old 08-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano

hmmmm...im gonna go out on a whim an say your timing is off. cuz those cam marks look like they line up spot on. and iirc correctly the exhaust cam line should sit lower than the intake.
imma go on a search mission......ill be back....
theotherchris is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano

your timing is indeed off
go here
Cam gear alignment pics: - TheZCR.com Forums
Old 08-10-2012, 01:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Hmmm interesting thanks man.looks like its a tooth off

Old 08-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Use the dowel pin method with the holes in the front caps and the cams to locate the cams. If the dowels are right, the marks don't matter.

I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Ignorance may be cured, stupid is forever.

my CRX thread

my intro

patprimmer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 01:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

i i had tried that but i dont have the proper sized dowels which i think are 5mm

Old 08-10-2012, 02:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I think 5mm is correct I just use drill bits shank end in.

I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Ignorance may be cured, stupid is forever.

my CRX thread

my intro

patprimmer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 02:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

thanks man that clear out code 8

but still code 9 so i guess the cam sensor is bad

Old 08-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
i i had tried that but i dont have the proper sized dowels which i think are 5mm
I've tried the allen wrenches the dowels the drill bits.....I ONLY use two 6mm bolts now.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 47 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
thanks man that clear out code 8

but still code 9 so i guess the cam sensor is bad
You can test the cam sensor (cylinder sensor), by testing resistance between terminals on sensor. Anything over 1000ohms (or I guess 995ohms), it's bad but I personally have never seen a bad one. You will get a code 9 for timing being off also, or 33% of the time bad wiring. In the picture of the cam gears it looks like it is correct timing.

ZCHONDACRX91 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

fixed code 9 the female plug had a bent pin....sigh i hate this fucking car look for new thread new probs now

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in