Sup all, Got a PR4 question. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default Sup all, Got a PR4 question.

Hey guys, as it states I have a PR4 question. A buddy of mine got an ECU from a "tuner" from so-cal. It has a "mugen" chip in it and does not rev past 3k. Now he has a 87(i think) integra, with a d16a1 in it. Its a DOHC, and from what i gather it is the same as the DOHC ZC. So now I have his PR4 ECU and he wants me to burn him a new map. So here where the problem is. Does crome work for obd0 roms? what would be the BEST base map to start with? He has stage two cams, cause hes an ass, and NO other mods. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i know it loads them, but not too sure if the scaling would be right. or how well it would run, why not just use turbo edit?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
95ejd15y8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

stage -X- cams is lol

acidbeaver is your obd0 main contact

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano

k ty matt. Also, no base map for turbo edit.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Last edited by CaliLegal; 07-05-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

WTF do you mean there is no basemap for TE? YOU build basemaps in TurboEdit instead of relying on some honky-ass crap from a decade ago built into crome using who knows what.

Email me. I've got something for you, most likely, but I'll need more info about the car.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano

the legit zc has slightly more aggressive cams. where as the a1's cams are a bit detuned if that makes sense. the a1 and zc are similar but also at the same time not the same.
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

The A1s are HORRIFICALLY detuned. They make less power stock than any of the VTEC SOHC, which is a shame.

Slapping in a JDM ZC intake manifold, throttle body, cams and making sure the exhaust is opened up will raise the power up to JDM ZC standards, for sure. The A1 intake manifold is disgustingly bad. The header is terrible. The cams are crippled.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano

so much for being subtle lol
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 arny213 is learning the way of the Darny213 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

a1 cams are slightly different 86,87 from 88,89 but yes all the 1g teg cams are detuned. the heads are also different from 86-87 from 88-89 especially in the combustion chambers. the 86-87 had flat top pistons and a smaller combustion chamber. whereas the 88-89 had a pentroof construction and domed pistons, much better quench. but milling down the head will help out even more. the best bet for the a1 is to find some pm7 zc cams and cam gears. 4g dohc (92-95) intake manifold coupled with your favorite turbo manifold and turn up the boost!!

Quote:
Posted by KUNGFUHUSTLER
Holy isht man! You pulled this off faster then a $20 bill in a titty bar! big props to you!

Re:ive been running the everliving *** out of this thing ALOT. beat 3 bikes in the past 2 days alone. probably nearing over 50 hwy pulls lol..still holding up awesome! its a wierd feeling because im use to having to replace the tranny by now. CG ftmfw!
---------
93 civic hatch d16 street car [email protected]
arny213 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2012, 02:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

simple task then. buy some good quality regrinds, chop the intake flange and make an adapter for regular D series, and port an ebay header and toss on. acidbeaver magic tune, and bam, over 130 crankhorse and sipping fuel while cruising.

BAMF status will be achieved

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Acidbeav has hooked it up!! Thanks all.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
Old 07-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Did you burn the bin and try it yet? I'm just wondering if it made much of a difference. I've not tuned a mostly stock A1 before. I always advise people to ditch the A1 IM as soon as possible since they suck so bad. heh

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in