crx si tb - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 rpmraper is learning the way of the Drpmraper is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question crx si tb

sorry if shit is misspelled ect. im doing this from a playstation vita as my laptop has taken a shit lol anyways. ive read that only the crx si tb will work with the zc mani. i was just wondering why? bolt pattern ? ports ? im in serious need of a new tb so im trying to see what my options are. also any other iac than whats listed ? im also having trouble finding that for a fair price. ive been slacking on the hatch lately but ive been able to put my talents to good use and am making decent money again so its time to get back to the grind !
rpmraper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 ninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

depends on which ZC you mean, single cam? dual cam?

the single cam non vtec model is akin to the a6

the single cam vtec model is akin to the z6

the dual cam is the only d series dual cam.

so unless you have the crx with the dual cam then you shouldnt have an issue as you only need a new one, from the same model.

crx's have come with many different engines so you need to be specific about which crx you are referring to.

88-89'??? crx hf special edition w/zc/z6 H.Comp,4n2 I.H.E,zc tranny w/1st stage street clutch, Si fly wheel, custom dual exhaust(y pipe), H&R suspension w/front to back sway bars,struts,heavy coils, shortshifter. milled z6 head, skunk 2 cam.

new edelbrock mani coming soon.

Last edited by ninjajp; 07-03-2012 at 08:33 PM.
ninjajp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 ninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagle

i know you posted in the Zc area but this section is for the dual cam only, you are reading like you're referring to a single. In which case engine building or the NA section will get you more attention.

88-89'??? crx hf special edition w/zc/z6 H.Comp,4n2 I.H.E,zc tranny w/1st stage street clutch, Si fly wheel, custom dual exhaust(y pipe), H&R suspension w/front to back sway bars,struts,heavy coils, shortshifter. milled z6 head, skunk 2 cam.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 rpmraper is learning the way of the Drpmraper is learning the way of the D

ive got the dohc zc in an ef hatch. the parts/ mods list says only the 1.6 crx / civic si will fit that manifold...
Old 07-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

i found one on ebay.. but damn 100 dollars for something idk if it even works is kinda steep ya heard ?
Old 07-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

got ya, have you gone thru refurbished parts manufacturers or considered going AEM?

you might have to if you cant find a match.

maybe you can find an LS from the same GEN? they had ZC's in em too.

Last edited by ninjajp; 07-03-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

aem or oem ? lol
Old 07-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

well if your having trouble finding an OEm or its too expensive to order then yeah, AEM might be your only option.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

If an A6 TB will fit, then any other D,B, F or H tb will fit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

i spent about an hour searching to see if anyone used a sohc tb on a dohc, couldnt find it. Ive personally never done it, so i didnt suggest it.

so its doable? if so then yeah i would tell him just to grab an a6 or maybe one from an integra with the same engine.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 jlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Boratjlicrx smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotic_crx View Post
If an A6 TB will fit, then any other D,B, F or H tb will fit.
not true - all OBD0 D16 MPFI engines (D16A6, D16A1, DOHC ZC, SOHC ZC) use the same basic throttle body which has a different mounting bolt pattern - the bottom left hole is in a different location

Last edited by jlicrx; 07-09-2012 at 08:40 AM.
jlicrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

^This is why I had to use a obd0 B series TB on my crx with z6 intake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

^^^
sounds like an answer to me.

grab anything same gen and go from there. Plenty of acura LS floating around with a tb probably in em.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

hmmm sounds to me like i may have to make a new zc discovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in