3rd Gen ZC. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 3rd Gen ZC.

Hey guys recently i got my first car, i got a 1990 honda civic SI with clearly the 3rd gen Dohc ZC swap in it. I looking around and cant find anywhere where and what parts will and fit the 3rd gen? sounds stupid but does B serise engine parts work on ZC swap? Im just wounding where and what parts are offereed out there. thanks, Will have pics up soon.
Quencin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Okay, dude . . . Instead of insulting your intelligence I will simply ask this: How did you miss the stickies at the top of this forum?

Congrats on your new purchase. I love the engine in my 89 CRX Si. It is my first car and I still have it over 14 years later.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 23 79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Try the search tab that's what I do when I need a quick reference on what parts I need for my DOHC ZC also Google is your friend

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App
98 Jeep Cherokee 4" Lift Cut Fenders 33x12.50 Daily/Offroad Toy
14 Subaru Forester XT Touring 2.0 Turbo (Wifes Ride)
92 Mustang 2.3 5 Speed 325K on the clock and counting
07 V-Star 650 Classic Space Consumer in the shop

RIP PAT
79hilux90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Its all good, but i did look at that thread and did find out waht engine i have and everything mostly about it, im just wounding about parts that i can buy for it, i can't seem to find out any parts that work for it. The main reason i did come on here and ask is also because i am on forums on other sites and when i saw that this site had a full DOHC ZC thread. I thought it would be the best way for me to get waht i need cause i know you guys know alot more then me on civics atm. thanks alot.. -spenny.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Pritty much, what serise of engine parts will fit on the DOHC ZC? D? B?
Old 07-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

Both.

That's about all the help you are gonna get until can show that you can at least follow hints.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Follow hints? Mmk. Like i said in my post i have read threw the info on the ZC engines and learned alot about them and can say thank you guys for helping me, I found all my info out about it. but still im lost on what after market parts can fit on it, i looked on google and alot of the sites are ebay. thanks guys...-spenny.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

You have a D-series engine. You are missing a few key ideas. You haven't asked anything specific. I'm not really going to write up yet another list of parts that fit. Your questions have been general. I generally don't answer general questions.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

medinabard It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to medinabard

all the spoon feeding your gunna get from here

https://www.d-series.org/forums/dohc-...arts-list.html

medinabard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 23 79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by medinabard View Post
all the spoon feeding your gunna get from here

https://www.d-series.org/forums/dohc-...arts-list.html
You didn't do any kind of search to find that info did you ???? And if so where and how did you do it ??? This is awesome !!!

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App
98 Jeep Cherokee 4" Lift Cut Fenders 33x12.50 Daily/Offroad Toy
14 Subaru Forester XT Touring 2.0 Turbo (Wifes Ride)
92 Mustang 2.3 5 Speed 325K on the clock and counting
07 V-Star 650 Classic Space Consumer in the shop

RIP PAT
79hilux90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I just buy all the D16A8 parts I need from my local Honda dealer.

For after market parts I use the thread you claim to have read and my brain. Is a similar method a problem for you.

Once I have exhausted that process, I discuss here and make contributions as well as questions.

A question that will get a helpful response tends to go like this.

I have bla bla bla.

I want to bla bla bla for the following reasons bla bla bla.

So far as I can see, I have these options bla bla bla.

Has anyone tried this? What are your thoughts?

I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Ignorance may be cured, stupid is forever.

my CRX thread

my intro

patprimmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

You guys have helped me so so much thank you all for your time.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Its been a while, but im back. Im looking for some aftermarket parts for my 3rd gen DOHC ZC, the reason i come here again is because i know you guys know your ZCs and i feel alot better gettin info from you gys not just a idiot online that dosnt know shit and then me messing up.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

more details, um im also wounding if D16a6 parts will fit on my DOHC ZC which is a D16a8/9, and also if the y7-y8 parts will fit also for me to get aftermarket parts. thanks guyss
Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Some parts do.

You haven't told us what you want to do with the engine. Your other recent post pointed towards fairly useless mods (fuel rail? Seriously?).

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Well like i got the stock ZC but i want to build it up but i do not know much about the zc, iv learned a shit load on this site so far theres no way in that, its just im trying to find parts that will eiather give it more power or jsut to replace the stock parts. and nah just the fual rail and things are easier to replace reather the some other products.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:06 AM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks acid beaver for the help eh
Old 11-12-2012, 07:17 AM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

you sir are a tool. these guys where trying to help with out spoon feeding you. now what are you trying to replace and what are you going to be using this motor for.
rickscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

I'll ask again: What are you doing with the engine? If you don't know, we certainly can't help you.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #20 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

why is everyone so quick to throw 'aftermarket parts ' at a motor. that they have no clue about. what happened to doing research and formulating your own plan, and then doing said plan with no need for repeated forum assistance... smdh .. first mod in my eyes for a dohc zc. mill the head.. <thats how i feel

gone but never forgotten
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in