usdm integra conversion - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2004, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default usdm integra conversion

ive seen it before and on other sites but i was wondering how hard it would be. do the doors line up? can i use the inside of the door panel? it's all up for grabs on another site doors, fenders, hood, bumber, rad support, everyhting pretty cheap but im not sure on the labor of it. i would rather have the older jdm front end but if i can get a good deal on the newer usdm i might just take it. also searching around ive seen that the whole dash will fit but it is tight becouse of the doors would that problem be resolved if i put integra doors on the inside if it is possable. has any one seen it done? has any one done it? i was looking at just doing a custom autometer cluster and then searched around and thought of this.
haggard now but going for a clean jdm look....
2SLO2RCE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2004, 01:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

all you have to do is weld a new radiator support , get an Integ hood, change the fenders to integ fenders, and make slight modification to where the fender meets the door ... a friend of mines cousin did this to his hatch .. you dont need to change the doors ... and the dash fits in perfectly with minor cutting on both sides

I would go talk to a body shop first to see if they know anything
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2004, 03:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

sweet thanks. one thing that got me started was i need to replace my driverside door more of the bondo from former owner (fucker bondo'd everything). and the inside panels are not very good so i was looking to replace them and saw some teg doors for sale and then the whole thing and that is where it came from will the doors work to? the whole car inside and out will be getting painted as soon as i decide on a color. i was going to shave the handles becouse they need to be replaced anyways but now if the teg doors will work the i will probably just leave them im not sure. im looking at teg front bumpers right now for my body kit w/ the civic i wanted the r33 ahhh ha i found the r34 and it looks sweet. i will need to talk to the body shop before i buy the stuff i hope it doesnt sell first. squad can you tell be if the doors will fit also? im going to pm the guy about the dash right now thanks again

Old 07-26-2004, 10:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

I did a USDM integra conversion on my 88 crx and it was more than just minor work. The fenders don't work out and it takes alot of work to get the lines right both where the fender and door line up as well as where the fender and the hood line up. It's no piece of cake let me tell you. I've been working on mine for almost a year ( roughly every other weekend) just getting it right. I also rebuilt the motor and redid the suspension and a quite a few other things. It's worth it once you come into the last stage but you'll have to put alot of effort into getting things just right.....
hotthonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2004, 10:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Got some PHAT ass?

Rep Power: 16 96civicex smells like Borat96civicex smells like Borat96civicex smells like Borat96civicex smells like Borat96civicex smells like Borat96civicex smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 96civicex

I'd really like to put a integra interior dash, and seats. I love that interior but I personally think the front end is ugly the Civic is a much better looking car, in my opinion.
96civicex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2004, 11:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotthonda
I did a USDM integra conversion on my 88 crx and it was more than just minor work. The fenders don't work out and it takes alot of work to get the lines right both where the fender and door line up as well as where the fender and the hood line up. It's no piece of cake let me tell you. I've been working on mine for almost a year ( roughly every other weekend) just getting it right. I also rebuilt the motor and redid the suspension and a quite a few other things. It's worth it once you come into the last stage but you'll have to put alot of effort into getting things just right.....
on a 88 crx I would expect that to be rough

Im pretty sure 2slo2rce doesnt have a 88 crx

my friend did it on his 92 EG hatch ... it was done in 2 weeks
Old 07-26-2004, 01:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

on a crx man that is alot of work totaly different lines do you have any pic's it would be cool to see. im just hoping that the stuff lines up some what easy i knowit wont be an easy job but if it was everyone would do it. main reason i need to replace everything anyways and it will be different. well for my area it will be. squad on your buddies hatch how were the doors? did he use the interior door pieces to?
Old 07-26-2004, 06:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

no he kept his civic doors

he didnt use the integ doors and all work was done in a garage @ his house
Old 07-27-2004, 05:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

sweet all i have to do is get a reply from the guy. thaks alot
Old 07-28-2004, 06:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
calboi510

2 weeks to do a conversion...that's crazy.

i did my ek conversion in one day.

the teg looks a little different, but i heard it's the same principle, change core support and cut and weld the fenders..

honestly IMO, integra front doesn't look as good as the eg or ek civic.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2004, 09:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calboi510
2 weeks to do a conversion...that's crazy.
he did it all himself and was working full time
Old 07-31-2004, 02:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
calboi510

it was just my opinion...but since you stated:

full time job + full time college student, give that one a try

i just took the time and scheduled weeks ahead where i can have one full day to do the conversion, i also planned out the conversion in my head, the steps that i was going to need to do

the only help i had was an occasional "help me hold this" help from my brother

but still, i give him props for being a DIYer, cause i did it myself and it takes time and creativity
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in