its not a D, but its a DIY - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2004, 07:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
NIGHTSTALKER

Default its not a D, but its a DIY

ive totaled my 3g civic on the begining of my vacation trip and ive luckily came across an old accord without any rust for a great deal to make my trip back home....
but anyways on to the question. im so used to not having power steering that i resent driving a car with it now, and this accord has it. well i want it gone and all my previous hondas it was just as simple as removing the pump, belt and all the lines"dont quote me on that, my CRX was built buy someone besides myself". does the same thing carry over to this perticular accord? its an 85 LX...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2004, 07:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
bennjamin

you went to the effort to include a "clever" title...so you must of known that....you POSTED in the wrong forum .
Old 07-14-2004, 07:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
NIGHTSTALKER

if your referring to the fact that its not a D powered car, then yeah i know that...

but if your talking about removing the power steering, then i dont really see how its in the wrong forum sincce its something that i will plainly do myself.

not being an ass, but i dont know of any other place it could belong, but if someone sees the placement in error then be my guest to move it and i appoligize for the misplacement. im on a public terminal and have a time limit.

Old 07-14-2004, 08:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 BseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

well instead of telling him its the wrong forum you could of atleasted helped......why not just remove the belt to rid of power steering?....im not sure on the setup of 85 accords but i would remove the belt keep all the stuff on there and then when you sell it put a belt back may make it worth some more $$.
BseriesKllR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2004, 09:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
NIGHTSTALKER

i plan on keeping the car for a long while, so i just want to remove it all together. every little bit counts for weight reduction.

ive just got to find out if itll drive ok without it, and at limited xpenses right now i cant just take a chance and remove it without knowing the facts first. im not totally sure if id have to change out the whole steering asembly or not for it to work.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Apex001 will become famous soon enoughApex001 will become famous soon enoughApex001 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

remove the pump, change the steering rack and yank all the hoses. Your just better off removing the belt and thats it. I wouldnt go through all the trouble of changing it completely out. Not worth the 2-3hp for the big headache.
Apex001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2004, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2

keep it finding a new rack might be a bit of a pain . PAS is sort of fun just use honda fluid in it !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks
cryz2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2004, 09:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 HXDrager97 is learning the way of the DHXDrager97 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

pull the belt... remove the upper pump duct the Ps hoses in to a bucker move the wheel left to right and than plug it wiht some fittings and reconect the hoses to eachother... all i have in my HX is a removed pump. a removed belt and the psf cntainer is still there and the conecting hosed but no fluid to resaore conection anymiore!

an the manual rack has more cranks for lock to lock travle
HXDrager97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2004, 07:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
bennjamin

there is a few loop-style "powersteerig-defeater" kits going around...i myself am contemplating somethign similar for my EG5 si...

Do a search on honda-tech , there is a member or two selling kits - and tell me how it goes
Old 07-15-2004, 07:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Adia's Daddy

Rep Power: 26 Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Steve-O

This is the link to the kit on H-T you guys are talking about:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=563116

This is the exact kit I plan to get within the year. I was actually on the verge of buying one and Chris had one reserved for me but when we moved into the new house and started up our utilities, we had to fork over like $450 for deposits since we're first timers, thus putting an end to my P/S removal plans .

I have been in conversation with Chris (Padawan is his H-T username) and this seems to be a very complete kit with instructions and all neccessary hardware. Not sure if he might be able to put a kit together for your car but message him and see.

don't get discouraged by the fact it's on H-T because ive talked to him via email several times and he is a super nice guy and will be there to help you in any way he can.

hope this may have helped

Living the humble dream as an independent shop repair tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by
One thing I have always believed, and I think should apply here too for the most part, is this: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Why put forth that effort to tell someone some negative stuff that you know they won't like to hear. Build your car how you want, and let others do the same.

Namaste

Last edited by Steve-O; 07-15-2004 at 07:47 PM.
Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2004, 01:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
NIGHTSTALKER

well, as it is i ended upjust pulling the belt off and cutting the hoses, but left the rack in there. now it feels like i want it to, but i may look for a nonpower rack just for shits and giggles.

thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in