shave the pinstrip - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2004, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 tank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Default shave the pinstrip

who knows how to shave the pinstrip??? huh, huh, huh??
tank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2004, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

it is just vinyl isnt it? if so just need a good heat gun, some towels, and some kind of te or gunk remover. Heat the strip and start to peel once started alot of them will come off pretty easy ten take the gunk remover stuff spray on towel and go over area where stripe was at to remove all the excess adhesive
delslo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2004, 06:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
bad gsr

if it is painted on us oven cleener or kerosene . if its painted on usually they clear coat over them and if so your s.o.l
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2004, 06:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

I just peeled mine off with my finger nails. just go slow and be careful. then used 3m adhesive remover to get the sticky glue off. I spent about two hours getting it all off. so have fun, go slow. and be careful unless you like your paint scrathed up.
gftgrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2004, 10:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

I think hes talking about the groove along the bodyline. If so, you have to tac in a strip of sheet metal and fill the rest. I have seen it on a few show cars and asked how and what they used. Maybe he is talking about pinstripes but when you refer to "shaving" something that usualy means making it a smooth surface. Such as shaving door handles, antennas, emblems etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2004, 11:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

thats what I thought to but he did say pinstripe and not molding so that is what I answered to. Yeah I know shaving is usually like door handles etc.
delslo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2004, 03:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 tank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to all

my bad peeps, i meant peel off, on molding or nothing like that, i just needed to know if you could just peel it off, but i got it know, thanks
Old 07-06-2004, 07:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Ahh well for future reference they do make pinstripe erasers. Our detail dept has one and it works real good but if you arent carefull you can easily burn the paint. Its actualy a big rubber eraser that goes on a wheel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2004, 12:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 sleepingrex will become famous soon enoughsleepingrex will become famous soon enoughsleepingrex will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

damn hoe you could have asked me, i could have told you to get a heat gun, or you can do it with some thinner and fingernails but go easy on the thinner
sleepingrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2004, 02:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingrex
damn hoe you could have asked me, i could have told you to get a heat gun, or you can do it with some thinner and fingernails but go easy on the thinner
little ass pirate, what the hell are you talking about, thinner, please.........anyway, is your fagot ass back yet?
Old 07-18-2004, 07:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 sleepingrex will become famous soon enoughsleepingrex will become famous soon enoughsleepingrex will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs down

i used thinner and it didn't hurt anything you little cum dumpster
sleepingrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2004, 08:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series wise guy

Rep Power: 17 kommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunna
Send a message via AIM to kommon_sense Send a message via Yahoo to kommon_sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar
Ahh well for future reference they do make pinstripe erasers. Our detail dept has one and it works real good but if you arent carefull you can easily burn the paint. Its actualy a big rubber eraser that goes on a wheel.
3M makes a pinstripe removal wheel. I used this to remove my pinstripes and it worked like a charm. Mine were old, dry and cracked and kept breaking when I tried to pull them off. About 30mins with the wheel and a drill on a low speed setting and you are fine.

|
|
kommon_sense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2004, 10:52 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 hondaluver is learning the way of the Dhondaluver is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

i work at a detailing shop and we took mine off with a clay bar, then buffed the area to blend any dis-coloration, looks great and came off in no time, pinstipe and sticky shit.
hondaluver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2004, 05:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

hey where did you find that pinstripe removal wheel, id like to see whats up with that
dank91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2004, 07:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

it took me 3 4th gen sedans to get it right...well, the 3rd never had pinstripes.

I hate them!!!

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2004, 09:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
pearlwhite

geta heat gun yo. but be careful u donk keep the heat in one spot the paint will bubble and chip.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2004, 10:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

this thread is over 3 months old. damn noobs
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in