wider wheels on a budget - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2004, 07:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
d16a6er

Default wider wheels on a budget

anyone who's on a budget is looking for lighter,wider wheels can go to a junkyard and look for a watercooled VW. the bolt spacing is the same but the back spacing is a little off but it's okay. these wheels ae lighter and wider than some stock Honda wheels
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2004, 09:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
phazed

years 79 to 92 right?
Old 06-12-2004, 09:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
d16a6er

right! there's a guy on www.reppepperracing.com that did this. i think he said they were like 15 by 7. he doesn't give an exact model either. but i'm going to look for some today and I'll let you know

Old 06-12-2004, 10:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
phazed

i used to have a 92 jetta before my civic.. i know some bout vw's.

edit: if your talking bout the wheels in the pic below they came off a 90-93 corrado g60. they are old school speedlines

Last edited by phazed; 06-12-2004 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
rpr

Actually, those are 14x6 CSA rims. I believe the VW rims he is referring to are these:

Not sure what car they came off of, but they are 13x6, and are somewhat heavy.

Tom
Old 06-16-2004, 11:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2

thay look like sirocco wheels

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks
cryz2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2004, 11:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
phazed

well speedlines came on 90-93 corrados. they look exactly like that, my bad
Old 06-17-2004, 10:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
rpr

No worries. That style wheel is pretty common, from lots of manufacturers. But I should know, that was my car.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:14 AM   #9 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

dont quote me on this but ive heard you can use the disk brakes of of a vw corrado for a big brake upgrade im not to sure on the years but i found it somewhere on the web
dank91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2004, 08:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series wise guy

Rep Power: 17 kommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kommon_sense Send a message via Yahoo to kommon_sense

I'd be concerned with the weight on those 15x7 wheels.

|
|
kommon_sense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2004, 09:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
rpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommon_sense
I'd be concerned with the weight on those 15x7 wheels.
Huh? Not following you...
Old 08-05-2004, 07:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

Saturn Rims should work also i have seen a 88-89 Integra with a set of those on it they are 15x6 4x100 lug type. Light too alloys.

Dysturbed
Dysturbed_90dx_4dr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2004, 08:16 AM   #13 (permalink)

i got cheap 15x7's on mine.., they are american racing(old ass ones that had the center caps) they are only 15lbs... I paid 280canadian w/ michelin xgt v4's. It's a little ghetto but i like them.

cheap... check
light... check
wide... check
look good... check(imo)

heres a pick.
CIVIC_BAM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2004, 09:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2

i think thay look nice in mat black

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks
cryz2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2004, 09:59 AM   #15 (permalink)

Tremclad baby!!
CIVIC_BAM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2004, 10:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 16 Sporqster is learning the way of the DSporqster is learning the way of the D
Send a message via AIM to Sporqster Send a message via MSN to Sporqster Send a message via Yahoo to Sporqster

If all else fails, and for some reason you need some crazy wide rims, it is tough to beat diamond racing rims on price http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/ - typically ~$100 for 15DiaX10"+ wide in chrome - less in black or silver. Requires speical lug nuts, and ain't the lightest rims in the world, but price is reasonable, and you can get rims that look like a dern spool of thread if you want - made to order, usually takes a month or so to get them- any backspacing you need. This is what I'm planning on using on my Opel GT - which does not have a d-series motor in it ;-( but does have a 4X100 bolt pattern - tough to find crazy wide rims in that bolt pattern. May require some significant fender removal to fit those monsters under typical streetcar body work. (then again, why would any typical street car need 10"+ wide rims?)
Sporqster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2004, 06:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
ahedau

or you could go with 11lbs mazda miata 7 spoke wheels. They're 14X6. I'm trading a fella whose putting a ford 302 in his miata for some steelies since he can't use the wheels anyway.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Look mine, it's VW mags, I only get some trouble with centering hub, but I machined a ring for them. looks great, light and different.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Civic Benoit 002.jpg (331.2 KB, 289 views)

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Awesome Photography Thread:

Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2004, 08:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
This one's for you, Duck.

Rep Power: 27 Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via MSN to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via Yahoo to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother

wait a tick......

Nothing like some 15" 215s to give a little more grip

::
<-- Add yourself to the D-Series map!!

Last edited by Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother; 08-10-2004 at 08:47 PM.
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2004, 09:03 AM   #20 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooSchnickens
wait a tick......

Nothing like some 15" 215s to give a little more grip
Sorry but 205 of my kind of tire is enough large for now.. nice grip, nice to do not have much weight, and too much friction when you accelerate or race. I liked when last winter I put 185/60/r14... acceleration are better when less large.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Awesome Photography Thread:

Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in