planning to drop my car please help!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2004, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Talking planning to drop my car please help!!

Ok can anyone tell me how i can drop my civic what are the tools needed such as jacks, wrenches, etc.etc.
or maybe theres a post somewhere i tried searching couldnt find it
relentless05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2004, 08:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Photonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respect
Send a message via MSN to Photonic_Si

You will need at least two jacks (trolley type) two jackstands, a set of spring compressors, rattle gun, air compressor, lots of sockets, spanners, a breaker bar, torque wrench, impact sockets, the list goes on.........
you need a good supply of tools before you do anything. so just go to a mates workshop for this. or youll fuck sumthing and have to wait days to get shit.

mugen無限power
Photonic_Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2004, 07:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

yeah what he said
7thGear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2004, 09:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

http://www.hazone.com/hciv5spring.htm
silverctr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2004, 07:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
loudsubz

heres mine I did

http://www.torontocivics.com/tccforu...threadid=48998
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2004, 07:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

thanks for the info guys it really helped alot, i am planning to drop the car this weekend i'll post up some pictures after its complete.....
Old 06-02-2004, 09:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Photonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respect

yah thats the way dude, slam the fuck out of that biach! cant wait to see the pics!

mugen無限power
Old 06-15-2004, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 mark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mark7901

Do you need a spring compressor tool to remove the stock springs? I thought that if you loosen the shock from the bottom, then the whole shock will shoot down, due to the spring load???
mark7901 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2004, 08:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

i did mine in a driveway in about 6 hours and i broke about 7 wrenches and sockets.
jobe_149 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2004, 09:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

yeah i finished the drop it took me 4 hours i had some help from my buddys .. i'll post up some pics once i get my digi back...
Old 06-27-2004, 08:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark7901
Do you need a spring compressor tool to remove the stock springs? I thought that if you loosen the shock from the bottom, then the whole shock will shoot down, due to the spring load???
Not necessarily. I lowered my rex in my garage with my bro, bought a set of spring compressors and never used them. The amount of spring load isnt that great, it doesnt shoot across the room or anything. Just kind of pops off. Nothing to worry about.

If you mean, will the spring pop out of the car itself when you undo the bottom strut mount, no. the strut/spring combo are one piece. you can take the whole strut out of your car and the spring will still be on it. there is a top plate that bolts on the strut that keeps the spring attatched.

BTW the springs I put on were H&R Sport springs, took my bro and i a little over 2 hours. but it was just springs, no aftermarket struts....yet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

Last edited by ryan89crx; 06-27-2004 at 08:46 PM.
ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2004, 10:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Yea its not necessary on all Civics, CRXs, prelude and accords!!!

They barly pop off!! and it saves time and money. If your aftermarket springs aren't much of a drop you may need a spring compressor to pull them down a little, we had to do that on my friends prelude with tein stechs.
rob42386 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2004, 09:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 HXDrager97 is learning the way of the DHXDrager97 is learning the way of the D

here is a getho as all hell way to pop your springs... take two spare tires and rims... put the strut in between then kinda like this.... 0-////=0... yeah it looks like crap... losten up the spring wiht a rattle gun.... or losten it all up thes if the spring does pop... than the tires take the abuse... not your body... and it workls ive done it a few times...
HXDrager97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2004, 06:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

front shock are really compress.

I bolted the shock to a fence and unbolt it. It was really powerful, sound like a gun shot. The spring went a few meter even if it was ground oriented.
i lost the top bolt doing that.

I do not recommand this method

evilfred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2004, 09:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 2redstars is learning the way of the D2redstars is learning the way of the D
Send a message via AIM to 2redstars

put the bitch on the ground, put your foot on it and undo the bolt. it jumps like 1".

2redstars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2004, 11:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 mark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunna
Send a message via AIM to mark7901

Did mine about two weeks ago. Sit on your @ss, stretch your legs out to about 1 shock length away from the wall. Then put the shock between your feet and the wall. Slowly unscrew the top nut, then it will go about an inch or so.....putting lowering springs on is easy. Mine where very non aggressive drop (about 1.5 inches) and all I did was push down a little and the thread popup up enough for me to get the bolt on. I think I used 12mm through 17, or 18mm socket wrench. Took a PC Technican about 6 hours to replace all four shocks and springs. Not bad for the first time, my legs hurt the next day though, lol. No spring compressor needed.
mark7901 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2004, 06:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Lowering a car is a piece of piss with the right tools. Spring compressors are overrated with the small springs on a civic standard coilover. Get a rattle gun, undo the top strutbolt and it pops. NOT KABOOOM but like half an inch or somthing.

It took me and a mate working on different sides at the same time, like 20 mins to do the whole car. i guess it helps that we know what we are doing. Air tools are a must if you want it done this quickly though. Lowered springs have more bind so its a little harder to put these on but if you replace the strutcap, get a mate to push it down as you put on the strutbolt then its easy.

Any questions, post em

mugen無限power
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in