DIY rear lower tie bars - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2004, 01:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2
Default DIY rear lower tie bars

has anyone made one i am bord at work and have loads of box alloy about and was going to give it a go , anyone have any tips ? i know thay are cheep to buy but i want to give it a go ! what i was going to do was cut a hole in the box aly and have a lager hole to fit the bolt and washer though , then bolt it strate on do you think this will work ?
89 HB civic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks

Last edited by cryz2; 05-21-2004 at 06:16 AM.
cryz2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2004, 08:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
calboi510

Thumbs up

will most likely work, make one, then make me one, then i'll tell you how i think of it.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2004, 12:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
one of D-series.org's nicest rides

Rep Power: 17 turbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

my friend made some...i will ask him and let you know...

Old 05-23-2004, 02:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
Thumbs up

nice one thanks for the replys

Dyslexia sucks
Old 05-24-2004, 06:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
mjb811

prolly the hardest part of installing the tie even a homemade one is lining everything up to get the LCA bolt through. make sure your measurements are precise
Old 05-24-2004, 09:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
94LSVtec

I made one for my integra out of a solid aluminum bar, and yes I could tell a difference when cornering hard ect after installation. You can use solid steel bar too and it would be the best performance wise..but it will be alot heavier
Old 05-25-2004, 08:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

nice one guys the stuff i have is very light , its box type ally , i have picked up a lot more at work so i am going to make the upper brace to , going to make 45% cuts and the drill the holes

_|_/===box ally===\_|_ sort of like that haveing rubber washers above and below the bolts

Dyslexia sucks
Old 05-29-2004, 02:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

ok can someone help me out and tell me the lengh of the bar and the centers fot the holes as i am not with my car at the moment thanks

Dyslexia sucks
Old 05-29-2004, 04:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

i saw a ghetto rigged one....the guy took a metal bar and welded it to the chasis....

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2004, 04:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

yep thats more ghetto than me lolol its just i have all this nice ally at work and i wanted to do something with it , apart from chucking it in the bin , so i am going to try and make some stuff , and try to make it look good to , and work lol , also i am going to make a battery tie down with it , and drill some holes in it across the face off it , it just that i am bord and want to do some stuff apart from my work

Dyslexia sucks
Old 05-29-2004, 07:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to spoonbender

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryz2
has anyone made one i am bord at work and have loads of box alloy about and was going to give it a go , anyone have any tips ? i know thay are cheep to buy but i want to give it a go ! what i was going to do was cut a hole in the box aly and have a lager hole to fit the bolt and washer though , then bolt it strate on do you think this will work ?
89 HB civic
from this discription i picture the CUSCO tie bar.

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if pac man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music." - nintendo exec. circa 1987

Reputable Seller(s):

jake2001z001
shorty_du_op
spoonbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2004, 01:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

yep thats what i am trying to get it like , but i can not do the bends at the ends , i have some poily bushs to fit in the ends ,

Dyslexia sucks
Old 06-04-2004, 05:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
naughtycivic

Hey i work at a mineing roof bolt plant i can make steel bolts with threaded ends as short or long as u want them and sized from 5/8,3/4, and 7/8 inch thick i made the bar right just couldnt figure out how to fabricate sum good brackets
Old 06-04-2004, 07:07 AM   #14 (permalink)

hello mate wow i wish i could get bolts made up , i am going for a very simpel bar and boulting it strate on with washers and a rubber ring in in the middel its a mini front motor mount , very cheep over hear , hears a very bad diergram lolol

----- washer
==== rubber
----- washer

Dyslexia sucks
Old 06-08-2004, 05:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
ahedau

use a length of 1" angle iron. It doesn't weight very much and is strong enough.

I think its 27" on center for the LCA holes but you'd better measure 2-3 times and drill once.

here's a picture

I used a piece of 1" square tubing but this is better IMO
Old 06-09-2004, 08:31 AM   #16 (permalink)

nice one for that ps what year is your civic ?

Dyslexia sucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in