write-up 88 cluster (no tach) swap to 90-91 cluster (with ta - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2004, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
bamer02

i know that the si cluster swap has to be the corresponding year of your "no tach" cluster. if its 88-89 then it has to swap with a 88-89. same as the 90-91.

i did not know this information until i got my 90-91 cluster. i have an 88 civic dx. so for nearly 7 hours i was able to make everything work except for the damn seatbelt reminder (i can live without that annoying sound!!!). also, i did this by comparing the backside of both clusters and tracing where the copper went. easy...yeah. easier than looking at circuit diagrams.

hopefully it works out for everybody. it worked out fine for me.

use this write up on your own risk and i shall not be held responsible for any damage to you or your car.

its just swapping wires and cutting 1 from each plug. plug A is the smaller plug and plug B is the bigger plug.
Looking at the "wire side of the plug" count left to right.

A PLUG
a1--a1
a2--a5
a3--
a4--a4
a5--b2 extend a5
a6--a2
a7--a3
a8--a8

B PLUG
b1--b1
b2--a7 extend b2
b3--b4
b4--b5
b6--b6
b7--b7
b8--
b9--b9
b10--b8
b11--b11
b12--b3

hopefully it works. ill try to make the seatbelt reminder work. and ill also make sure and try to get some pix of both cluster.

make sure everything clicks back to place and solder and heatshrink connections.

ill keep you guys updated.

chris "bamer02"

questions;

sn b15nissan
email: [email protected]
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in