DIY: Nextel Gps Locator - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 13 Spooks will become famous soon enoughSpooks will become famous soon enoughSpooks will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default DIY: Nextel Gps Locator

Heres another DIY i made for another forum to stop car thefts from happening or to quickly locate your car if it is stolen

People have been geting there cars Stolen Left in Right, specially during the Off season. There was a previous thread where a Guy on here said u could use your Nextel as a Gps Locator but wasnt sure how to do it. I decided to Look Into this Theory, after trial and error I finally found a program thats free and allows you to instal Locating software onto your Phone and allows you to check the location of your phone From any PC, or Lap top maybe even a Side Kick. Below i have a step By step guide On how to do this. I hope this is useful in the protection of your vehicles.

You Need a Nextel Phone, and nextel accept for the all i95's and 90s will do, Purchase a Boost Sim Card For 30 Dollars it comes with about 75 minute on the phone. You do not need to worry about it expireing for 90 days then u must add more minutes cheapest Being 20 bucks.
Your also gonna need Webjal Ill post a free link At the end of the Post.
And a Usb Data Cable for the nextel.

The software i am useing is called MoloGoGo its a Gps Tracking software u can access from your pc. Heres the Link:http://www.mologogo.com/

You Begin by Creating a Account, which is simple consist of your email a user name and password.

Then you Download the software according to the make of your phone.

When Downloading i suggest you make a New Folder, you can do this by Clicking the Right Mouse Button and Selecting New Then Folder. You do not need to name because you already know what it is.

Next you need to Plug in your Usb Data Cord to your Pc/Laptop. Then too your phone.

Next you want to Open Webjal

You click Load J2ME Apps then select the location of folder then the Folder its self. After you should Only see 1 file availble, Click it and the download begins

Next wait until Download is Completed Disconnect your Phone from the Usb Cord and Open the Java Apps. You should see a folder called "Mologogo" open and install the file. If you have a 870 it installs automaticaly all u need to do is wait.

After installation is Complete Open the MoloGoGo in a open area and wait for the satelites to Connect.

(Best picture i got)

after it connects you should see the street your on your Phone.

Go back to the MoloGoGo site, Log in and select location then select a location where you most frequently stay (Like your House,Job,GF/BF House) could be more then one...i have Two.

once you have your locations set your good to go.

Next step outside your house or Down the Block and have a friend monitor your account to make sure its working correctly. If all is Good then continue to step 2
The Next steps you will need a car charger, Extra ciggerete lighter with wires included.
Next step is Finding a spot in your car for the phone to sit and will not easily be found if your car is stolen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never Mind who u thought i was Im Spooks Bitch!
Spooks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2007, 10:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 13 Spooks will become famous soon enoughSpooks will become famous soon enoughSpooks will become famous soon enough

Once you have found your location hard wire your extra ciggerete lighter in your car to the location where the phone will be Placed.
*Note you need not worry about the phone dieing because a nextel can last up to Two days with out charge as long as no calls are being made to that phone (I suggest putting your call filter on and puting the phone on silent)
make sure you dont wire your charger to a Hot wire because u may detonate the battery. make sure the charger turns off when the car is off and turns on when the car is on.

after that your pretty much good to go and can sleep comfortably knowing that you know the location of your car at all times.....

Hope this Helps out.

Ps ...also a good idea for Tracking your Girlfriend/Boyfriend LOL.

Free Webjal Link http://www.teknidude.com/wap/webjal.html Follow the instructions and your good.

LOL Can i get some Rep points?

Edit: Ill Be doing a install souly for this thread sorry for not being more prepared, this was a spur of the moment kind of thing...I saw all the cars be stolen and thought this might Help in the Return of those stolen cars and may lead to the capture or beat down of Thieves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

i was looking for this EXACT sort of write-up. excellent!!!

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 11:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 34 civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to civic97

damn thats cool as hell nice write up

FUCK THIEVES

COD: KING!!!
civic97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2007, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

I have been thinking of doing something similar. Great write up.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2007, 11:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Excellent write up ftmfw.

Jswap 4dr

Boost 4dr

Twin scrol

F2B
turboprelude95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2007, 11:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
The Master Fabricator

gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gpny

Signing up for this thread. PR4U!
Old 05-15-2007, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Sundown will become famous soon enoughSundown will become famous soon enoughSundown will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Ive seen this write-up on millions of forums.. Im SERIOUSLY thinking about doing it... low budget lo-jack for the damn win..

I wish I could give you 30 rep for this..
Sundown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2007, 03:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater

Rep Power: 40 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to " Low " Send a message via Yahoo to " Low "

man, i install gps/gprs tracking locators/message systems.......

www.teletrac.net that's where it's at....

great fucking write up though, lots of detail and understandable pics.

My username: High-Cap 1911
It ain't only for texans....but there are a BUNCH of us
" Low " is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2007, 04:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

areskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via MSN to areskzc

Nice... I don;t have nextel...

2Y 10M days without smoking
Join me
areskzc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2007, 05:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by areskzc View Post
Nice... I don;t have nextel...
Buy a 29 dollar boost phone..... Thanx everyone

Old 05-15-2007, 07:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 freidaddy  is slowly gaining respectfreidaddy  is slowly gaining respectfreidaddy  is slowly gaining respectfreidaddy  is slowly gaining respectfreidaddy  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to freidaddy

sweet I already got a boost phone, just need a data cable. rep 4 u

:america: :america: :america: :america:
Deployment coming soon,starting to save money for:
1. S2000 :haha:
2. Project 300+

Quote:
congratz....you just made me punch ANOTHER baby.....
Quote:
thats like someone in a supercharged mustang taking pride in beating a Geo in a drag race.
Quote:
we ALL know n00bs dont search....
freidaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2007, 08:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Awesome stuff here! Gonna have to try it soon
TheLastSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2007, 04:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Mixelplix is learning the way of the DMixelplix is learning the way of the D

Awesome idea and writeup. Rep for you.

-Des!

Mixelplix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2007, 05:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Sweet. Then you can 2way the thieves and tell them you know where they and and your coming armed!!!

Gear Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2007, 07:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low EG-T View Post
man, i install gps/gprs tracking locators/message systems.......

www.teletrac.net that's where it's at....

great fucking write up though, lots of detail and understandable pics.
i bet its a bit more spendy than the Boost gps though

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2007, 08:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Dog View Post
Sweet. Then you can 2way the thieves and tell them you know where they and and your coming armed!!!
lol
cbuscivictuner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2007, 10:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

nice write up. my brother just got his evo stolen, this would have came in handy, even though my friend found the car by his house and we stole it back,lol
teamoktane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2007, 01:33 PM   #19 (permalink)

nice write up bro!
rep for you!!!

i just bought 3 i415 off ebay for 35 bucks!

Last edited by SmErFwIcKeD; 05-16-2007 at 02:10 PM.
SmErFwIcKeD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2007, 03:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater

Rep Power: 40 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to " Low " Send a message via Yahoo to " Low "

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
i bet its a bit more spendy than the Boost gps though
oh yeah.....!

My username: High-Cap 1911
It ain't only for texans....but there are a BUNCH of us
" Low " is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in