Side molding repaint? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2004, 02:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Stoich AF

Hey guys i wanted to know if someone could help me find a link that had a great write up on how to repaint you side moldings

the car he used in the wite up was a Blue Eg hatch

thanks
Steve
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2004, 04:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
97civichatch

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=548331
Old 05-03-2004, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
00whiteEK

man I painted my side skirts, and they looked alright, for awhile. I used dupli-color import auto spray paint and it was the exact color of my car, and then I clearcoated it a ton, but without the use of primer or paint with any type of flex agents in it, the paint scuffed, scratched and began to peel and flake off quite easily. unless you do it really well, I would advise against painting your side skirts. I have since stripped the paint and now just make sure the panels always have armorall or something on them to keep them shiny. I liked it until I realized how ghetto the paint job had become. it took forever to get the paint off too, so do it right the first time! anyway good luck, just my two cents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in