Putting a CD Player in the Lower DIN 96-00 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2004, 05:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
dxmannn

you need 4 parts. The first part you need is the actual cup holders from the 96-98 Civic. You will also need the plastic square that will become the radio surround. The last 2 parts are optional but make mounting the radio MUCH easier. They are the right and left radio brackets. They were an option in 96-98 and are pretty cheap and make this much easier so go ahead and pick them up...

The first thing I did was put the CD player in the 96-98 assembly. If you have the radio brakcets this is just as easy as mounting it in the top location. The CD player just bolts right in. It will look like this when the CD player is in the 96-98 Cup Holder Assembly

Now you must remove the arm rest section of the center console. In order to do this there are 2 screws that are close the back seat and 2 screws that are closer up. Remove them and then remove the Arm Rest console.

Then you must remove the shift boot console. In order to do this you must unscrew the shift knob and remove the screws that hold the console.

Now you must remove the 99-00 Cup Holder assembly which can be done by removing a series of 6 screws. 4 of the screws are to the right and left of the cubby hole and the other 2 are located near the floor. You may now keep the 99-00 Cup Holder Assembly in case you decide to return the car to stock or sell it or throw it away.

You must also remove 12 volt power plug console. This has 2 screws which are located near the top. I am assuming you have already removed your CD player from its origional location and therefore it is assumed you have a hole in your dash where the CD player used to be...

The wiring harness that is currently located in your car that plugged into your CD player is long enough that you can go ahead and pull it down to the new radio mounting location. Gently pull it down to where the 12 Volt Power Plug Console would have been.

Now plug the CD player into the cars radio wiring harness and bolt the 96-98 Cup Holder in where the 99-00 Cup Holder used to be located. Replace all of the consoles by following the opposite directions from above. The finished product should look like this:
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2004, 09:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
777sc

i just did this to my 97 hatch and it looks real nice

dont know how long iam gonna keep it like that seems as if i have my face on the cupholders are not gonna be used very well cause it doesnt open all the way but i like it for more of a security purpose
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in