Crack That Evil Crank Pulley Bolt - W/ Engine Out Of Car - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2019, 07:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default Crack That Evil Crank Pulley Bolt - W/ Engine Out Of Car

I had a Y8 crank pulley bolt that was giving me hell. So I had an idea -

I jacked the front end of the car up high enough to slide the block underneath.

Then I slowly brought the car down so the block had enough weight on it that it couldn't move. However, the jack was still supporting most all of the car's weight.

*Using the Honda crank pulley tool, I blocked the crank from moving.

*Heated up the crank pulley boly for a minute

*used a big-ass, socket pry bar with a 17mm socket and stood on it.

*CRACK!

So if you're in a pinch, use the weight of one of your Hondas to hold the block in place. You'll just pull an engine stand over if you aren't careful.

**Keep in mind that this threw a rod and I wanted parts off the block. However, if you are careful, you can do this with a block that you plan on using. You aren't really putting weight on the block. You are just using the weight of the car to keep the block from moving.

If you need a part, hit me up. I'm willing to help out the remaining D-Series soldiers on the cheap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nasty_Canasta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2019, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 2 drtalon123 smells like Boratdrtalon123 smells like Boratdrtalon123 smells like Boratdrtalon123 smells like Boratdrtalon123 smells like Boratdrtalon123 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I was about to say did you put anything between the honda and the deck surface, but then I saw the thing about throwing a rod... that is actually a clever trick.

You could also lock the trans in gear and put the tires on the ground when everything was together, then make that the first thing you loosen/last thing you tighten!
Old 08-05-2019, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtalon123 View Post
I was about to say did you put anything between the honda and the deck surface, but then I saw the thing about throwing a rod... that is actually a clever trick.

You could also lock the trans in gear and put the tires on the ground when everything was together, then make that the first thing you loosen/last thing you tighten!
That's funny! Good idea!

The plastic from the rocker panel covers did a pretty good job protecting it even though I didn't plan on it.

If you need a part, hit me up. I'm willing to help out the remaining D-Series soldiers on the cheap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-06-2019, 01:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Get a proper airline and fittings and a $40 CH impact will zip the bolt right off.

Size matters....

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2019, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

I have no more air tools...or should say my compressor took a major shit on me.
But you are correct. A big, fat hose makes all the difference.

I need to get a new compressor...big time.

But yeah, this could help out a kid in his driveway with no access to serious tools.
This bolt was the most hardcore, stuck-ass crank bolt I've ever dealt with...even
worse than my old B7/ZC build...and that one was insanity.

Last edited by Nasty_Canasta; 08-06-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtalon123 View Post

been doing this the past couple,,,when I remember that is ..

Last edited by robgoof; 08-07-2019 at 06:32 AM.
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2019, 05:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Ha, that’s one way I’ve never seen before.

Heat works wonders!

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2019, 08:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 RaveN1814 is learning the way of the DRaveN1814 is learning the way of the D

If you have airtools, this is what practically everyone used back when I was a tech at a Honda dealership.

I just googled an image, since mine is at work in my toolbox. Snap-On makes one I believe. So does Matco, Ingersol Rand, and some other companies as well. It truly does work. Hell, you can even make one by just welding some thick piping to the outside of a cheap socket you don't care about. That's what I did before these were actually produced by anyone.

Basic concept is the extra mass that's further away from the center of rotation gives the impact gun more "leverage" and thus more twisting force. That's my 2 cents on the subject.

Here's a quick video of one in action...

RaveN1814 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2019, 05:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 23 79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....

This is what I have always used.
Works great if you do not have a compressor.

https://www.amazon.com/Powerbuilt-64.../dp/B0000TMLWQ

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...w83168/4614583

https://www.autozone.com/loan-a-tool...-tool/420315_0
98 Jeep Cherokee 4" Lift Cut Fenders 33x12.50 Daily/Offroad Toy
14 Subaru Forester XT Touring 2.0 Turbo (Wifes Ride)
92 Mustang 2.3 5 Speed 325K on the clock and counting
07 V-Star 650 Classic Space Consumer in the shop

RIP PAT
79hilux90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2019, 09:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Removing crank pulley and flywheel out of car

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2019, 01:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
This is the method i've used. Doesn't cost anything, haha.

EFB055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 05:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 23 79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFB055 View Post
This is the method i've used. Doesn't cost anything, haha.
Seems like this would have a tendency/chance to slip off of the dowel/locating pin if jarred hard enough.
98 Jeep Cherokee 4" Lift Cut Fenders 33x12.50 Daily/Offroad Toy
14 Subaru Forester XT Touring 2.0 Turbo (Wifes Ride)
92 Mustang 2.3 5 Speed 325K on the clock and counting
07 V-Star 650 Classic Space Consumer in the shop

RIP PAT
79hilux90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 12:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

I guess if you do it wrong? No side force should be applied to the wrench so I don't know how you can screw that up.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2019, 08:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79hilux90crx View Post
Seems like this would have a tendency/chance to slip off of the dowel/locating pin if jarred hard enough.
I have been doing it like that for years. Never had an issue.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79hilux90crx View Post
As long as you've loaded it square on it doesn't move. Definitely better to just buy the cranky pulley tool, but this will work fine in a pinch.

Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Just found this pic from the depths of my photobucket archive haha.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7143.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	126465  

Old Today, 06:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

got torque?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 07:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:

this works great.
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in