DIY eg civic heater control color tune - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » D-series Knowledge Factory » DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2018, 11:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 roberts is almost a somebodyroberts is almost a somebodyroberts is almost a somebodyroberts is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default DIY eg civic heater control color tune

This DIY is about cheap and effective way to brighten up and change color of your EG Civic or any other car heater control or instrument cluster. Basically LED light and color change in car instrument clusters. Hope that someone will find it useful!

Tools/parts needed:
- soldering tool
- self adhesive led strip (output color choice is yours), I used high lumen output SMD5050 with 60led per meter
- transparent self adhesive film (color choice is yours)
- 2 blade spade terminal connectors (~2,8mm width)
- self adhesive aluminum tape (optional)
- patience

I used 15cm long self adhesive led strip (bright white) and placed it right here for clean installation. I also added self adhesive tape to reflect some of the light, but this is optional.

Then soldered positive and negative wires and crimped the ends to blade spade terminal connectors (~2,5mm width) which could be easily attached to original bulb socket.

This is the final result! Much better than it is with small oem bulbs.

If you want something different, then there's easy and cheap way to customise colors of any of your clusters. Just buy self adhesive transparent film and place it wherever you want to change color. Following is just an example of doing it. You can do JDM style amber etc. if you want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by roberts; 01-06-2019 at 12:37 AM.
roberts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 roberts is almost a somebodyroberts is almost a somebodyroberts is almost a somebodyroberts is almost a somebody

Small update on different led color

Ordered some amber led on ebay (5050 SMD Orange) and have some final result to share with you.
One problem that occured right away is - orange/amber color output through blue climate control area turns out garbage... So I gave it a try and modified this area.
I carefully put tape around this area edges and cleaned blue color off with acetone! It worked like a charm and I really like how it turned out at the end.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Love the look of these, how do you separate the climate control panel from dash?

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 12:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Thanks! I guess there are multiple threads how to do it and I suggest to search them to see where screws are located.
You will have to remove radio with it's bracket to access 3screws holding climate control. You can reach them with short length philips screwdriver or with long one but you will have to remove center console which sits below radio then.
Two nearest screws are @45 degree angle and are tricky, there is one more further at the middle. All screws are accessable from bottom of climate control. Remove cable from heater below glovebox. And it climate control is almost free to come out, there are two wire plugs that need to be detached from back of climate control unit.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 someone is learning the way of the Dsomeone is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

nice looking retro look
Advertisement

Tags
diy eg civic jdm cluster, eg civic heater led

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in