Another Project: Fuel rails - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2017, 12:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default Another Project: Fuel rails

Hi guys,

So I've decided to tackle another long-term project in my spare time. I'm a network-engineer by trade, but I really enjoy making parts for my cars, furniture, etc. that don't already exist. Those of you who know me know that I am pretty damn meticulous. I like to solve these 'problems' functionally but I'm stubborn on the aesthetic component. I designed and produced my own valve cover washers because the existing 'low profile jdm' branded ones were too thick for my liking. I've also produced del sol center-vent-gauge pods, wastegate-to-4an-adapters, adapters for CR125 bikes and karts since otherwise you have to tap the cylinder head, and a whole line of AN fittings in purple, because red and blue is fucking tacky and nobody else was making them.

I wrapped up the project to produce all of the out-of-production jackson racing supercharger parts, and now I'm off to solve a new 'problem' that's been triggering my OCD as I assemble my build for 2017 #gridlife and hondameet events.

Fuel rails. Seriously. I asked here if anyone knew of any fuel rails that didn't have a bump-out or provision for an FPR, but it appears all of them do. This bothers the shit out of me for a few reasons. One, FPRs on the fuel rail just look ugly, two, the fuel rail could be a canvas for a beautiful bit of art or theme that ties a build together -- but nobody is really doing that. I would really like to create a fuel rail that is a relatively simple rectangle with no provisions for an FPR, it just has an inlet and outlet. The FPR (stock or aftermarket) would be tucked behind the intake manifold or near the fuel return with a simple adapter piece.

Anyway, I got to thinking about it so I ordered up a no-name fuel rail to start taking measurements on. I've been piecing together a rendering slowly as time allows -- but while working with CO2 lasers on some furniture for my house, I got the motivation to jump a step and see how the potential artwork would look. Didn't come out too shabby, figure I would share. The pixelation is only because I did it in raster. After I rework the artwork as vector, it should be clearer.

The adapter would look like this, it could be tucked away on the firewall:

or mounted to the side of the fuel rail:

d-serious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2017, 08:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

We're making a B-series and K-series rail, but no love from us for the D. :'(
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2017, 05:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abide

saw the post on the fb group earlier today. i like the look.
Abide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 06:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

that is tits. if I bought one from you, could it be done in batman logos or batman theme?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2017, 08:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
that is tits. if I bought one from you, could it be done in batman logos or batman theme?
I don't see why not.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-serious View Post
I don't see why not.

koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 3 Projekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropes

figure out yet wtf the rail is to? @d-serious
Projekt2nr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2017, 05:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 3 Jfab is learning the way of the DJfab is learning the way of the D

I believe my old aem fuel rail doesnt have a bump out for the fpr. I will grab some pictures of it later when I get home
Jfab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2017, 09:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfab View Post
I believe my old aem fuel rail doesnt have a bump out for the fpr. I will grab some pictures of it later when I get home
That'd be nice to see if you could. I've heard from a few people that this rail or that rail has this -- but I've never seen one in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projekt2nr View Post
figure out yet wtf the rail is to? @d-serious
No clue.

Actually on this note, I am trying to see if this rail can be cross-compatible on all d-series by being 'creative' in the mounting tabs. I noticed the holes change of the years.

If anyone has a rail laying around, could they do me a huge favor and post pictures including distance between injector holes and distance between mounting holes? It will allow me to get started a lot quicker before having to buy each rail.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Sorry about it being dirty. Has been sitting on the shelf for a year now.

Tried to get multiple angles. Let me know if you want different pictures.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

if the rail was all the same thickness/width (using last picture for example) I think it would look better, and you have more surface area for artwork or something. or you could do it like the b series rails, just a tube with injector holes in it
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I have a million rails at the garage, I can try measuring and sending pics in the AM.

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2017, 02:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

If you need certain measurements of things on the fuel rail let me know. I have to pull it all apart to clean everything and get it ready for this years build anyways.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fodo View Post
I have a million rails at the garage, I can try measuring and sending pics in the AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfab View Post
If you need certain measurements of things on the fuel rail let me know. I have to pull it all apart to clean everything and get it ready for this years build anyways.
That'd be awesome guys.

I'm trying to index a few things:

Distance between injector holes
Distance and location of mounting holes
Offset of injector holes from mounting holes

on a PER-APPLICATION basis so see if we can come up with something that works across the board on all d-series. Of course this will rely on all the injector hole spacing being the same..
Old 01-20-2017, 05:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Hey dude, maybe we can chat when you get further along in this. In need the lowest profile rail possibles. I had to grind down an A6 rail to get it to fit my manifold

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2017, 09:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paterico View Post
Hey dude, maybe we can chat when you get further along in this. In need the lowest profile rail possibles. I had to grind down an A6 rail to get it to fit my manifold
You saw what a pain in the ass the JRSC project was... so if we can pull that off, this should be cake. I can probably come up with a design that fits... going to need a lot of measurements though.

Ok, so I don't think the fuel rail I have is a D-series, despite being sold as for 'z6'.

I have measured the distance between the fuel injectors:

3.15" - JRSC manifold
3.5" - Fuel rail

Can someone measure and confirm on theirs? This might be a B-series rail.

Also, any issues with a 'slider' design like this that you can think of?

Old 01-21-2017, 01:54 AM   #17 (permalink)

I will try and grab some measurements for you on sunday. At work this morning and then heading to the Auto show in Detroit.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

updates boys?
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:17 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
updates boys?
Just looking for some baseline measurements. I don't have the money and time to buy and measure a few spare fuel rails of my own at the moment, but funds and time should free up next month.

I'm paused from any manufacturing at the moment anyway because the shop I'm using for my R&D is relocating and unavailable for the next week or two
Old 01-28-2017, 06:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

That rail you posted is very nice!

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in