DIY - Ghetto fit K20 injector into B-series manifold/rail - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2016, 07:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Icarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default DIY - Ghetto fit K20 injector into B-series manifold/rail

There are more than one way of doing this so if you don't like my method feel free to do your own.
This is just a write up of how I did it.

I installed them on a B16a manifold but I am sure this can apply to D/H/F series as well.

Benefits of K-series injectors according to the internet (no dyno proof yet?)
K20 injectors provide a better spray pattern.
More power.
Better fuel consumption.
Less detonation.

Obviously, a tune is required.

Disclaimer:
Do this at your own risk.

Parts list:
K20 injectors (in pics k20z4 FN2)
B16a intake manifold
B20B tall intake fuel rail (non-cast)
B20B tall intake fuel rail studs
B20B low intake injector seals ( any B/D seals should work as well)

Extra parts:
Fit AFPR
D16A9/B20B pulsator cap

Tools used:
14mm drill bit
Countersink bit
10mm spanner
8mm drill bit

So it's pretty simple.

Drill out the injector holes to 14mm and countersink them so the injector rubber fits in without tearing.
I drilled slowly and kept and eye on the depth so that all the injectors sit at the same height. I was not 100% accurate but the injectors do seal under pressure.
I thin drilled an 8mm hole for the "hook" on the injector to set the depth. Again I did this slowly and checked each one until I was happy.

B20B rail and k20 rail.

The fit. The injector ends it up against the manifold but don't fall though. Push them into the B-series injector seals as normal and they sit fine.
I forgot to take a pic of the ends....

Remove the b16a studs as they are too long (left) and use the b20B stud (right)

Test run, make sure nothing leaks under the pressure. I put on about 45 psi.

Final fit. No leaks and my car runs well.

Enjoy 310cc goodness.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Nice man I shoulda done this for my F22 build!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2016, 10:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Icarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
Nice man I shoulda done this for my F22 build!
I have read your build and yep! you would have been happier!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I like it !
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2016, 06:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

You could have just removed the "hook". It doesn't do anything.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2016, 10:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowFlyin' View Post
You could have just removed the "hook". It doesn't do anything.
Up to you.

Extra 10 min of drilling didn't bother me.
I didn't really want to clip them off. I would rather drill on a $0 rail then clip my $100 injectors.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

Nice write up! Rep for you sir!

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2016, 03:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

For what its worth a regular ol 9/16 drill bit would work, too. So close to 14mm, the o-ring shouldnt have any issues, or just get a slightly fatter o-ring if worried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in