custom gauge console for S300 SDASH tablet - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2016, 06:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 SOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default custom gauge console for S300 SDASH tablet

I wanted to use a 10" tablet with SDASH as my main dashboard but it lacks some of the analog indicators and gauges from the stock console.

So I decided to make a new console with left/right turn, low fuel, brights, em brake, fuel level indicator and odometer.

Hondata S300/P28, Innovate LC1 wideband

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOHC_STUDENT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2016, 06:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 SOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatness

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Very cool! Subscribed
broski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 05:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

I need to add CEL so I can drive safely without the tablet. Also gonna change some of the bulb colors. Turns will be green and brights will be blue.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Is it the camera? Or is the refresh rate a bit slow on the tablet?

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2016, 02:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Abide

nicely done! ive been considering something similar. what did that odometer come out of?
Abide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 02:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fodo View Post
Is it the camera? Or is the refresh rate a bit slow on the tablet?
You are correct, it was lagging. I ended up deleting this dashboard and making a new one and its much quicker. While playing around with one of the pre-made dashboards that come with Sdash, I added a bunch of gauges and they kept "disappearing". Well, turns out I while dragging them and re-sizing them they slipped off the edge of the screen and they'd just disappear. Well they weren't actually gone, just not visible so I had 2 or 3 of all the gauges trying to display.

I started with a fresh blank template and only added the essential gauges and its much quicker now.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abide View Post
nicely done! ive been considering something similar. what did that odometer come out of?
Thanks! Yeah I'm real happy with the way it turned out. All the gauges came out of an EX cluster that I hacked apart.

The ODO just needs a power, ground and speedometer and it magically just works!

I made a new dash for autocross yesterday that was much less distracting. Just 3 things, a huge CEL, ECT and AF.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

buzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

very cool project!
I've thinking about a similar project for my gaping double din void.

00 dx coupe with lowering springs, integra brakes, and boosted d16z6!
Quote:
Also, get the fuck out of my thread, you 5th gen pussy.
J.M. Maclean, deployed 3-29-2013 to Afghanistan.
Returned 9-22-2013.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2016, 05:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all

unfortunately the dev said he didnt have time and took his app off the market. I only have his plugin version that i paid for and the bluetooth was separate.....little irritated about having spent money on it now. I'm in the middle of the same and will post when i finish this weekend. all for removing that damn cable!

however this looks promising Hondash but nothing seems to want to read everything the s300 has for data. I really want to see my digital/analog inputs the most.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

here's pretty much where i ended up. vinyl wrapped acrylic. torque, a multigauge and the fuel sender. + leds for check engine, high, and blinkers
Old 04-15-2016, 10:16 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
unfortunately the dev said he didnt have time and took his app off the market. I only have his plugin version that i paid for and the bluetooth was separate.....little irritated about having spent money on it now. I'm in the middle of the same and will post when i finish this weekend. all for removing that damn cable!

however this looks promising Hondash but nothing seems to want to read everything the s300 has for data. I really want to see my digital/analog inputs the most.
Yeah I was initially irritated as well but since it was just a fan created app and only $10, for what might cost hundreds like SoloStorm, it was a good deal. He cited family issues which I can totally understand.
Petrel Data Systems SoloStorm Autocross Data Logger for Android

He said it would remain available for download if previously purchased. I broke my old tablet and was relieved to be able to re-download it as of a month ago. I have it backed up now using App Backup & Restore.

Nice find on the alternative.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:19 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:

here's pretty much where i ended up. vinyl wrapped acrylic. torque, a multigauge and the fuel sender. + leds for check engine, high, and blinkers
Dude that's awesome! Is it running SDash or Hondash? Love the digital carbon fiber gauges.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

currently just torque. hondash once available as an android app. I only have the usb version of sdash so i cant charge and monitor at the same time without adding a wireless charging ability or something. maybe a power pass through. S dash definitely pulls the most out of a S300 for now, but what i really want is all the digital and analog inputs I'm sending it. that's when i could start doing some interesting stuff with alarms or a real functional race dash. Wouldn't even need any other gauges.

the carbon fauxber cracks me up. I have a fender done as well but didnt pull the pinstriping off, looks awesome. If i would have looked before i could have lined these up. Maybe i'll make some adjustments now that i have a template and do it on the next one.
Old 04-17-2016, 05:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!

Haha looks good. So torque is just a random App that wasn't exactly tailored to S300?

|

#

!
Quote:
How
to act on this forum...
Old 04-17-2016, 08:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

any of those obd2 reader apps can get at least a little info out. theres a lot more in there though https://www.hondata.com/help/smanage...al_details.htm
Old 04-18-2016, 06:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Yea, I browsed through that list a few days ago.

I ask because I am contemplating developing an app for this market... I am tempted lol.

|

#

!
Quote:
How
to act on this forum...
Old 04-10-2017, 07:39 AM   #18 (permalink)

got the rest of the dash roughed in. Thinking the shiny finish will be blinding in sun so will probably paint it a matte, dark gray maybe.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:55 PM   #19 (permalink)

Great job, setup looks awesome! I need to upgrade to the V3 with bluetooth.
RebornFromAshes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2017, 10:30 AM   #20 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Almost looks like a race car. Just needs roll over protection now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in