Anyone interested in Bodywork DIY's? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2015, 06:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 del_samuel will become famous soon enoughdel_samuel will become famous soon enoughdel_samuel will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Anyone interested in Bodywork DIY's?

Hey all, I'm new to the site but I'd like to contribute in some way. I'm a professional body tech, and while I'm not the best I think I could help out some questions if anyone has them.

Would anyone be interested?
del_samuel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2015, 06:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Sure. I'm sure we'd all be interested in taking on a dent removal or bumper/panel respray project.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 06:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Yes indeedy doody, I have some clean up so any DIY will help me learn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 07:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

Write up a quarter panel R&R or frame rail R&R

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 07:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

And you get some welding in sheetmetal repair in DIY would be awesome.

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 08:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92CXyD View Post
And you get some welding in sheetmetal repair in DIY would be awesome.
^^^ this. What i see a lot of are EF chassis rear quarter rust. A write up on a repair on something like this with tips would be nice.

88 89 90 91 Honda CRX Rear Quarter Panel Repair | eBay
97-Civic-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 09:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

I need to know how to plastic weld my front bumper back together.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
I need to know how to plastic weld my front bumper back together.

Get a plastic welder. You also need to know the type of plastic.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97-Civic-Ex View Post
^^^ this. What i see a lot of are EF chassis rear quarter rust. A write up on a repair on something like this with tips would be nice.

88 89 90 91 Honda CRX Rear Quarter Panel Repair | eBay

Heres a tip, move away from areas where it snows lol.

There are plenty of write ups on how to repair quarter rust. Most section the panel.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Ummmm. Bumper plastic obviously

Sounds like too much shit for the DIY on bumpers.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 10:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

There are different types of plastics permamold cant be repaired

Old 08-25-2015, 11:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 del_samuel will become famous soon enoughdel_samuel will become famous soon enoughdel_samuel will become famous soon enough

I'm taking some pictures of a BMW bumper repair. It has some dents and gouges in it. I'll post them up tonight if I have time.

As for sheet metal, I'll definitely take pictures of a job. We don't get a lot of rust repair but I do a lot of quarter replacement, doorskins, rear body panels, and of course dents.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

And you don't exactly need a plastic welder if you want to repair a rip in a bumper. If I get one that has a tear in it I'll take some pictures of the repair process.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

For civics repairing a bumper may be pointless when an aftermarket one can be had for $35

Old 08-25-2015, 04:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Depends on if you like the way an OEM one fits. I sure do but I'm a picky SOB lol I'd rather repair an OEM one any day.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Michael99 is learning the way of the DMichael99 is learning the way of the D

what about doors rust repair in the bottom of the doors, where the channels for water?
Michael99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 06:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Default Anyone interested in Bodywork DIY's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael99 View Post
what about doors rust repair in the bottom of the doors, where the channels for water?

Get a used door with no rust and use cavity wax.

Seriously though its just a matter of cutting out the affected areas and welding a new piece in, grinding, using body filler, primer,sealer, paint, etc... Its the fundamentals of body work.

Even if someone told you the steps there is a lot of skill involved. Im shaving my engine bay right now. Ive worked at a body shop for long enough but i still find it difficult. You could have all the tools, materials, and people with experience to guide you but it comes down to skill. Need lots of practice.

Last edited by NeonPinHead; 08-25-2015 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Michael99 is learning the way of the DMichael99 is learning the way of the D

I also heard that the oil can be poured inside to stop the rust in future
Michael99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 07:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

Shaving bays sucks. I have no finger tips from doing this rsx bay at the shop lol

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 07:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34 View Post
Shaving bays sucks. I have no finger tips from doing this rsx bay at the shop lol

Yeah i bet this is how J felt in men in black

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in