Idle issues 1995 Civic VX 3d - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2015, 06:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Idle issues 1995 Civic VX 3d

Hello everyone I am having an idle issue with my 1995 Honda Civic VX 3D minime build. I have fixed all the vacuum leaks, replaced the exhaust system and catalytic converter.

The problem is when on a cold start the car goes to 1900rpm then down to 1400rpm and it stays.
When driving around for fun the engine gets really hot.
The idle fluctuates at stop signs and stop lights.
So in question to what I have done do I just need to replace the Idle air Control valve. Or should I attempt to clean it?
Currently out of work from ford due to downshifting.

If you can clean the IACV. How? I have heard its the easiest to brake it. Send me a link to a forum page if possible.

Thanks for your time and this is I so far have changed:
The valve cover seal
Fixed valve clearance to minimum spec .09in. on exhuast, and .07 inch on intake
Replaced both coolant thermostat sensors
and now I am left with the Idle air control valve or the Fast Idle Switch
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2015, 06:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle
Send a message via AIM to 87REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleleaf View Post
Hello everyone I am having an idle issue with my 1995 Honda Civic VX 3D minime build. I have fixed all the vacuum leaks, replaced the exhaust system and catalytic converter.

The problem is when on a cold start the car goes to 1900rpm then down to 1400rpm and it stays.
When driving around for fun the engine gets really hot.
The idle fluctuates at stop signs and stop lights.
So in question to what I have done do I just need to replace the Idle air Control valve. Or should I attempt to clean it?
Currently out of work from ford due to downshifting.

If you can clean the IACV. How? I have heard its the easiest to brake it. Send me a link to a forum page if possible.

Thanks for your time and this is I so far have changed:
The valve cover seal
Fixed valve clearance to minimum spec .09in. on exhuast, and .07 inch on intake
Replaced both coolant thermostat sensors
and now I am left with the Idle air control valve or the Fast Idle Switch
Check and calibrate TPS
Recalibrate TPS

Cleaning IACV
Cleaning IACV

FYI before everyone finds this post and flames you for not using google. It took me less than 2 minutes to find bother answers to your questions. Google is your friend, but im feeling generous today. Enjoy and let us know how it goes.

SLOEG, be gentle with me!

Ditch the Bisi cam unless you like your torque to drop off faster than Miley Cyrus' credibility.
Quote:
Never pass up a chance to work on a friends car at their house if you know their mom puts out..
87REX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2015, 08:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87REX View Post
SLOEG, be gentle with me!

lol, Ill let you slide.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 08:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

...so this is what Batman uses for lube.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2015, 08:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle
Send a message via AIM to 87REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post

...so this is what Batman uses for lube.
Some lube is better than no lube, glass half full!

Ditch the Bisi cam unless you like your torque to drop off faster than Miley Cyrus' credibility.
Quote:
Never pass up a chance to work on a friends car at their house if you know their mom puts out..
87REX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in