D16y8 head swap - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2015, 06:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default D16y8 head swap

currently disassembling for head removal. whn i took spark plugs off thy were drenched with oil. just bought the thing for a grand and the guy said its leaking water but i cant find the leak,blah blah blah ,it needs a water pump. well i talk him down knowing its not a water pump issue drove the car around the block into town prob a good 15 miles or so didnt move tem gauge so i bought it took it to my shop and started the teardown for a head gasket. my question is should i change the head,i can get onefor about 100$ down the road. and how would i get it back in timing . top dead center ??? only way i know since i have no knowledge on timing i needed to sign up and ask. thanks
swink90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2015, 06:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

Honda factory service manual. Haynes. chiltons. google. pick your poison.

and I hate all you assholes who get butthurt when I tell the noobs to search.

How To: Timing Belt D16Y5, D16Y7, D16Y8 | ClubCivic.com - Your Online Civic Community
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 06-20-2015 at 06:14 PM.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

no but hurtting over doing ur home work just someone acting dickerish get some pussy brah and chill

Old 06-20-2015, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

lulz, not talking to you noob. I spoon fed you, now go about your business
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

lmao urtoo cute. hey but on a real note dude tightened the fuking spark plus supper tight got almoff the off besides one it broke never saw a spark plug come apart like that like the threds are still in the head but the plug came threw the threds idk how ima get the fuking thing out .
Old 06-20-2015, 07:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

If you dont know how to time the motor, I suggest not acting like a bitch when someone posts a link to how you can time your motor.

If the threads got damaged, that means some fucking retard cranked the plugs way too tight.

I suggest reading and researching before a useless thread like this is created.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2015, 10:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

How is this a DIY? Fucking polluting our airwaves with your harsh vibes....

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2015, 03:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Penetrating oil and a largeish easyout for the sparkplug.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
If you dont know how to time the motor, I suggest not acting like a bitch when someone posts a link to how you can time your motor.

If the threads got damaged, that means some fucking retard cranked the plugs way too tight.

I suggest reading and researching before a useless thread like this is created.
robgoof is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2015, 07:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

is the value fuked up?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0621151143a_1434901505131.jpg
Views:	975
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	90865  
Old 06-21-2015, 07:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

yes. your value is worthless. you lack value here. good day sir

you obviously don't know what youre doing. take it to someone who does, and save everybody the headache

koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

thanks ...lmao
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in