96 + coupes -removing back seats - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2003, 12:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

if your lookin for a quick way to save weight ... then do this mod ... if you dont need your trunk or backseats .. then do it ... but if you have to get groceries , then this probally will make it a pain in the ass ... oh well ... thats why we have gf's hehehehe

hope this helps !!!

i did this cheap and weight reducing mod on my dx coupe ... and i can feel a difference in accleration ( and my car is almost kinda stock .. for now )

14mm is the socket size we used ... also i think we used an 8mm for one or two screws, but if you have a complete 50 piece socket kit ( like myself ) this will be no problem at all ... you also might need a philips head screwdriver ...

we started by removing the trunk pieces ( i.e cardboard, carpeting , any bolts back there ) and then began unbolting the back seats from behind them

also the front of the back seats can be lifted up towards your ceiling ... just grab underneath them and yank upwards ... you will need to do this to loosen the screws in the front

you need to undo like 4 or 5 bolts located on the back of the seats ...after all the bolts have been takin out from the back of the seats , you can remove the seats ... during all this you will have to remove the back passenger seat belts at some time .. might as well do it now ... its real simple , just unbolt the 1 bolt on each of them .. its all thats holding you back

after doing that you have to unbolt the seats ... start by looseing 4 screws for each side , left side has 4 screw, right side has 4 screws .. they are the only things holding the back seats on at this point ...

then you can remove the seats you just unbolted ...

viola ! back seats are gone ... next is removing the seal belt mechanisms

we were retarded and cut the seat belts, when you can just thred them threw the plastic near the speakers .... dumbasses .. do not cut them , if you plan on putting your seat belts back in ... heheh oops ...

we left my back plastic molding that holds the speakers in and houses the break light ... but plans call for taking out the back speakers and moldings ... very soon

next was removing the side moldings under the back passenger side and driver side windows... we just yanked them and the came right off .. i think a few small bolts need to be loosened but nothing to difficult ... doing all of this took about 45 minutes ... not too bad ... now your car has that " street racer " gutted interior look ... very cool !

well ... that was my first DIY i would have taken pictures but my friends started ripping stuff out before i had a chance to find the digi camera ... but i will take pics of the finished result ... and all the crap i took out the back ... definately shaved like 60-70 lbs off ...
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2004, 01:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
lovinit42

stripping the interior looks shitty though unless you lay carpet
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2004, 01:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

says you ... fuck carpet ... this isnt martha stewart's guide to making your stripped coupe look decent .. if I wanted carpet .. I wouldnt have ripped it out ...
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2004, 01:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

I saw his car... makes it look aggresive... better have the power to back it up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2004, 09:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 HXDrager97 is learning the way of the DHXDrager97 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

its still a pain to remove the back seat looks way better if you have your windows tinted and you have ffour point harnesses bloted where the old seats use to be... and i coverd my back end with the "replacement carpet they sell at Bi-mart for real cheap... looks ok... and keeps some of the retarded looking fuel pump cover covbersd and keeps the car a bit warmer when its cold out side... but for the best... remove the pasenger seat too... and the glove box, the center consloe... and all the trunk crap.. my civc looks cool with only a chromed strut tower bar
HXDrager97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in