H23 TB install TB Coolant plate delete - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 Slo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default H23 TB install TB Coolant plate delete

Here is a simple ruff write up on how to delete the coolant plate on TB. Tools needed a Multi Meter 12 mm socket Exacto Knife or scissors Flat head screwdriver.

1 Remove TB coolant lines 2 Take off throttle body with 12 mm socket 3Remove lower bolts to the coolant feed line plate 4 cut out a piece of thin plastic or I have heard of a pop can being used 5 Sandwhich it between the tb and coolant line plate 6 Drill small holes were the bolts would go thru the plastic 7 Bolt together 8 Cut excess material around TB coolant plate 9 Where applicable re route the hose that went from the IACV to TB to the Coolant line nipple( That went to the other TB coolant plate nipple (This is located under the left hand side of the IM. I used a H23 throttle bodie (Gotta love freebies) if you use a H23 TB it will bolt up fine. However u will have to adjust the TPS. With key in on position and Using a Multimeter adjust the TPS to Read 0.50 volts when TB plate is closed tighten TPS down. (U may have to do this with TB off of IM however I was able to make do and (Please note the car will not be on just the key in on Position). Now turn car on bring up to optimal operating temp and top of coolant as needed now adjust idle screw so tach reads 950 RPMS.

Last edited by Slo Mini me; 05-20-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Slo Mini me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in