DIY Fuel Line Tuck (Parts List) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » D-series Knowledge Factory » DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA
Default DIY Fuel Line Tuck (Parts List)

I was bored so I put together a list of what would be needed to do a fuel line tuck. This might of been covered but I haven't seen it on here.

AN size is "X"/16 so -6AN is 6/16 or 3/8. The OEM feed line on Civic's and Integra's is 5/16 and the return is 1/4, this equals out to be -5AN and the return is -4AN, odd sizes are hard to find so best to use -6 for the feed.

I have a AEM fuel rail which is -6AN so a -6AN O-ring boss adapter is needed. If you are using a OEM fuel rail you can remove the stud for the banjo feed line and use a 12 x 1.25 to -6AN adapter.

If you are using a stock rail or stock feed location, hose lengths may vary in my case the feed location is on the driver side and my stock steel feed line is cut right after it enters the engine compartment so I only need about a foot and a half to two feet of -6AN hose, same length for the return.

To convert the steel feed line to AN a 5/16 tube to -6AN compression adapter fitting is used. You need two straight -6AN hose ends, a FUEL INJECTION approved inline filter, and a 90 degree -6AN female to female adapter.

For the return you can use your stock rubber line if you want to save some cash, or you can use some fancy braided line with -4AN "dress up" hose ends, basically gear worm clamps with covers on them to make them look like AN fittings. Bam fuel line tuck is done.

Part list with links:

AN to Tube Adapter Fittings

90 Degree Female -6 AN to Female -6 AN

Male -6 AN to Male -6 AN O-Ring

Econ-O-Fit Hose Clamps

Russell Competition Fuel Filters

Summit Racing® Hose Ends

Vibrant Performance Braided Flexible Race Hose -4AN

Vibrant Performance Braided Flexible Race Hose -6AN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

are you going to post step by step pics in this or another thread..?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!

I thought about putting this in tech since I haven't got the parts yet (nor will I have them anytime soon). I was just looking at buying the kit from Fuel Tuck'd and wondered if I could put it together for cheaper. With all the parts added up my way is about $100, Fuel Tock'd kit is $150. My kit has a better filter though.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...

Old 12-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Pretty much the same stuff I use. If you need pics of it on the car I have them in my build thread.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Here's two pics. All I can find right now.

Stock fuel lines converted to an

Braided hose with hose ends.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 12-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Glad you posted, I tried to find pics in your build but couldn't find anything. I'd convert that banjo fitting to AN though

Quote:
Old 12-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Yea I don't know what happened to them. I had to dig in my phone to find those. I know I have more but to many pics to look threw. I'll keep digging to see if I can find more pics.

Only reason the banjo is on there is I helped some one out and sold them that set up. I all ways convert the rail to an fitting.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 12-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Found some more.

Here you can see it on the motor.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 12-25-2013, 05:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

stickied.
Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2015, 08:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

reviving an old thread.

instead of the compression fitting to adapt the hard lines, why not cut, re-flare, and use the original fuel line fitting. in which case does anyone know the size of the fitting for the stock filter? im sure you could find an adapter fitting to 6an, and it would hold more than 50psi.

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2015, 08:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

because its cheaper then having to buy a flare tool..

The earls fitting from hardline to AN holds up to 80 IIRC. there was a video from earls with install instructions and details.

Im using the hardline to AN on my setup and its fine so far
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2015, 08:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!

just wondering because i already have a flaring tool. only $11 from harbor freight. says on the summit page 50psi max pressure. just looking at different options.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

HA! after some searching, I found the vid..

Earls brand says 60-80lbs at the end..

http://www.anplumbing.com/page/16

Old 05-11-2015, 08:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

you would just need a 14mm x 1.5 inverted flare to -6AN adapter. like THIS.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

hmm.. so the hardline gets pressed into a "cone" shape?

Well i guess either way will work..

Old 05-11-2015, 09:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

no you would need the flaring tool to create the cone shape. another option im looking into is using a -5an tube sleeve and nut. then just getting a male -5an to male -6an fitting. which would be cheaper than the $20 fitting.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

20 bucks to save me from trying to fuck with a hardline pressed against a firewall is totally worth it IMO.

But like I said, the Earls fitting is good to 80lbs.. fine by me.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

that fitting would work for the 96 and up civic, not so much for the 92-95 civic...the fuel line on the 92-95 civic would need to be bent for that fitting to work,at least thats how i see it..

people want to tuck the fuel line and cutting the stock line down low and using either the compression fitting or flaring it and running it behind the intake manifold..

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 05-11-2015, 09:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Yea, I cut mine down on my 99

Old 05-11-2015, 09:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

ok let me walk you guys through this...

cut fuel hard line down low
slide on -5an tube nut
slide on -5an tube sleeve
flare the hard line with the tool
install -5an male to -6an adapter fitting

It would look something like this...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in