d16y8 head with d16y7 mani - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default d16y8 head with d16y7 mani

Is there any way to make the d16y7 mani work with the d16y8 head?
If so how do you do it?
rsingleton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

First question is why would you limit yourself like that? But in short it will bolt up just fine, I'm gonna ASSume that you swapped blocks and that's all you have to work with, so yes it bolts up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2013, 04:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Yep, it will bolt up. I think the intake manifold makes the greatest difference in HP between the stock d16y7 and y8, so be prepared for amazingly lackluster performance...

Old 11-28-2013, 05:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

but what about the iacv isn't it different? i do plan on getting a y8 mani soon but i want to make what i have work for now.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

and is the skunk 2 mani any good? for the price?
Old 11-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

s2 is good but no for the price in my opinion.

most after market intakes are not worth the price. maybe 5hp increase? for $300-$400 not worth it to me. just use the y8 mani.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Want to buy a y8 intake? I got one from a member here years ago but it got lost in shipping and took over a month to get to me. By the time I got it I had drilled mine. I have it sitting unopened in my closet I think...
Old 12-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelEspinoza View Post
Want to buy a y8 intake? I got one from a member here years ago but it got lost in shipping and took over a month to get to me. By the time I got it I had drilled mine. I have it sitting unopened in my closet I think...
how much? and does it have the iacv? and was it for a auto or manual?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in