D.I.Y detail box - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What colour?
Purple 0 0%
Blue 0 0%
Black 0 0%
Carbon fiber vinyl wrap 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default D.I.Y detail box

Okay, So here is my first ever D.I.Y

So heres what gave me the ides to make one
20131121_172615 by 97acurael, on Flickr

This is what i came up with
IMG_20131120_222123 by 97acurael, on Flickr

This is what i started with

Heres what i did

step1) Think about how big you need it to be, for mine i made it 24"Lx12"W its an okay size but im gonna add on to it.

step2) Take your mesurements and lay them on the 2x4 using a mesureing tape.

step3) Use either a boring hand saw or a quick and handy miter saw to cut the 2x4 to your mesurements.

step4) Lay out two pieces of wood 1 length and 1 width now using your square, square the piece up.

step5) Using my cruddy cordless Drill to start the screws than die right after was not handy. So using a good Drill you can screw the pieces together or nail them together, If you use screws use deck screws at least 3" long. Than do the same with the other Length piece, square it up on to the Width piece that has the Length attached to it already.

step 6) Now attache the other Width piece to the end of the two Length pieces, make sure to square it up.

Now at this point you have a frame, you can use this if you please. But lets say you want to separate your waxes and glass cleaner away from you microfiber towels like me, Well you see Johnny its like this,......

Making a compartment

step1) Take the inside mesurement (L to L).

step2) Mark your 2x4 and cut the piece(s) now fit them inside the frame, take your square and square them up and using your good cordless Drill screw them on in.

Now you can either separate your items or have them all combined weather you did or didn't Congrats your done and can install it in the car......Wait how are you gonna stop it from sliding around, you ask. Well i have the solution for you.

Holding it in

step1) run to your local Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, Walmart, or any local hardware store and pick up some metal L brackets they make a bunch so just chose what ever one you want, You will need 4 L brackets one for each corner

step2) Attach the L brackets to your detail caddy, box, thing. Place one at each corner and screw it in using a 1" screw or nail it in.

step3) insert it into your trunk of your car, using a 1/8"th drill bit drill into the cars body, using a good sized self tapping (metal) screw, screw the bracket to the body and your done except for putting your products in.

So there you have it, I might add before you put it in the trunk you can either paint it, carpet it, or vinyl wrap it or maybe you like wood grain stain the wood or just throw down some lacquer. I hope you like it guys, Don't hate it if you don't like it
D16Y8_WPG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

i just don't get this diy. what's the purpose of it? more pics installed?

also if this is a diy. why in hell is there a poll? i'm editing it.
Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

noone needs a diy to screw a a couple 2x4's together
Old 11-21-2013, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2013, 03:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

lol
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2013, 03:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!

I don't even understand where this originated from? Mess? Air soft gun? Lol

No one is "hating", we just don't understand...

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 jamesva is learning the way of the Djamesva is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Don't do this anymore
jamesva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in