WRENCHIN' WITH TRAV - Clutch Fluid Change - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2005, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default WRENCHIN' WITH TRAV - Clutch Fluid Change

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself, d-series.org nor Underground Imports take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: To change clutch fluid on my eg5 HB.

Time: 10min

Required:
- 8mm Ring Spanner/Ratchet
- Bleeder Tool
- DOT 4 Fluid
- Old Fluid Container

Info:
Um this much be the easiest fluid change to do on your car, yes even easier than the window washer fluid LOL. give it a go, u car actually might need it doin. well mine does, been at LEAST 90 000ks on same fluid!

Step 1:
Ok pop bonnet. Take off Clutch fluid resevoir and feast and the soya sauce that is ur clutch fluid!!! lol Then remove the lil bleed nipple cover, and attatch bleeding tool line. (located near ur exhaust mani btw)

Step 2:
OK heres the tricky bit lol, undo bleed nipple and start pumping! make sure the resevoir doesnt get to low as to let air into the system, keep topping it up. Keep pumping until the resevoir is cleaner and all bubbles and contaminants are out of the system and in your container.

Step 3:
Ok tighten nipple, remove bottle of poop, reinstall cover. Wipe under the resevoir cap and reinstall. now jump in your car and check the pedal is firm.

Your done.

Here is what came out of my car.

ok the point of this is relatively small but its does get rid of any air, contaminants and moisture. I found my pedal slightly firmer, i havent driven it yet but i imagine not much of a differnce in performance BUT least i know now its changed and it give me peace of mind, which is justificatione enough for me.
Top Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2005, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hondaphile

Rep Power: 17 ottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ottomaticjack Send a message via MSN to ottomaticjack Send a message via Yahoo to ottomaticjack

Very nice Trav, but what is La?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good sellers and stuff....NastyhabitzCRX, Icarusdown, Infamousz6, fast88, drew95eg, cuong-nutz, Sonny7730

"We have a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster...."
ottomaticjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2005, 08:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomaticjack
Very nice Trav, but what is La?
la?? lol asian slang lol, i get it allot.

ie.

to me:

u sent my intake yet la??

me:

yeah la, its coming.

LOL

Old 05-10-2005, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
I also have a cool title

Rep Power: 22 98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 98CiviCn00b

in the states i think la=bitch...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
waiting to hear from this dude right now bout that tranny. lol...hopefully he will meet me somewhere.
98CiviCn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2005, 09:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
the hard-parker

Rep Power: 26 Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

looks good man, i'll have to do that....

1998 honda civic ex coupe
1998 jeep cherokee sport 4x4
2004 subaru impreza wrx wagon
2002 honda accord v6 coupe
Sonny7730 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2005, 09:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

just an addition... use clutch fluid that hasn't been opened. That stuff tends to absorb water so a new bottle would be nice. Keep the old stuff around to top it off...

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2005, 09:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makku
just an addition... use clutch fluid that hasn't been opened. That stuff tends to absorb water so a new bottle would be nice. Keep the old stuff around to top it off...
yeah forgot to say^^ do this!!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Synth is almost a somebodySynth is almost a somebodySynth is almost a somebodySynth is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CiviCn00b
in the states i think la=bitch...

Good write up by the way!
Synth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2005, 09:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

good write-up. you'd be suprised how many people never thing to change this fluid, or brake fluid for that matter

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2005, 11:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Nice write up trav..........when ppl don't change the fluid, they wonder why the inside of the pipes get corroded from all the shit inside..........
flatfourfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2005, 03:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

the man is back ...i spy header wrapp ..... you tha man

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2005, 04:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....

ooooooh........that would be a good write up for me...............
Old 05-11-2005, 01:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

lol thanks guys, im a bit of a fluid change natzi atm, i change all of mine pretty often, my car is old too so i agree, change all fluid u lazy fuckers....

and yes trav IS back la
Old 05-11-2005, 01:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Nice write-up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
or brake fluid for that matter
Thanks for reminding me
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2005, 09:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

where do I buy clutch fluid?????? (brake fluid!)

BTW, there is such a item as muffler bearings.

Toyota's had them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2005, 12:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

Just to show you what came out of mine.....

I also think that my clutch is on it's way out anyway........still mildly crunchy when going into gears.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

my tranny is fucked too gary,

but how many ks did u do on that fluid? did u actually use my diy or did it just remind u LOL?

Old 05-17-2005, 10:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

I've got about 10 000kms on that last brake fluid............basically since I swapped from auto. The DYI reminded me actually....lol............

one thing you should add when pumping brakes.....the last pump, pedal should be flat down, close off the nipple up front and then lift the pedal up. Lifting the pedal up before closing off the nipple let's some air in.

My clutch is much better, but still not the way it should be.........I blame it on some serious launches on a 2nd hand clutch..
Old 06-08-2005, 02:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 ic3tray  is slowly gaining respectic3tray  is slowly gaining respectic3tray  is slowly gaining respectic3tray  is slowly gaining respectic3tray  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ic3tray

where would i find a bleeder tool? and how much is it?
Old 06-08-2005, 06:14 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic3tray
where would i find a bleeder tool? and how much is it?
local auto place, cost like $10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in