pcv black box mod - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 11 uptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Default pcv black box mod

I went ahead and removed the black box and modified it using a heater hose fitting i got from the parts store. part #56360 its a 1/2npt 3/4" hose fitting, commonly found in the engine cooling isle. the fitting fits perfectly and if you aren't able to cut the black box open it also fits in the top black box hole if you remove the factory fittings off of it. i choose to just cut it up and simplify things under there...

Last edited by uptownsamcv; 10-03-2013 at 07:16 AM.
uptownsamcv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 7 Yoshimoto1 is da #1 stunnaYoshimoto1 is da #1 stunnaYoshimoto1 is da #1 stunnaYoshimoto1 is da #1 stunnaYoshimoto1 is da #1 stunnaYoshimoto1 is da #1 stunnaYoshimoto1 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I like....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yoshimoto1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

if you clean it up a bit and paint it it would look like a factory part

Old 10-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 11 uptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to all

That's the plan. Going to grind the sharp edges down and put some paint on it. Might j b weld a few spots. The bracket that the bolt goes through is held in by just 2 tack welds on the opposite end of the bolt hole. Ill in weld where the metallic cut mark is on the bolt hole end and paint it......
Old 10-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

You using that for a return line or to simulate some of the expensive inserts that you can get?

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I made one of these a while back. It was in my build thread but same thing.
cut the balck box then put a 5/8 fitting in there and quicksteel around it to hold it tight.
be sure to get a new oring for the black box.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I would prefer to leave the black box there as it has baffling inside of it like a proper catch can.

But cool mod for those who dont want baffling for what ever reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
I would prefer to leave the black box there as it has baffling inside of it like a proper catch can.

But cool mod for those who dont want baffling for what ever reason.
The main reason is to up the flow.
I did mines beside it seem like o had to much blow by and once I did the mod it lessen.

But then again I do have ring problems.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

The mod would increase blow by if anything. The more presure you have in the block the lower the difference in from the combustion chamber to the block so the less blow by. With the box being more free flowing it will cause less pressure and then the difference is greater from the combustion chamber to the block so more can get by. But really it would make a noticable difference and you want the baffle to keep oil in the blick and not in the catch can. The box moded or unmoded isnt a restriction point. The hose size makes a difference so just modding the exit of the black box for a bigger fitting would be ideal
Old 10-07-2013, 04:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I did the same thing. I have the line ran to my catch can. I get very very little oil in the catch can. I drained mine twice in the 3 years I have had it. and both times I have maybe a quarter of it filled or less. but the line has about 2 feet of hose going uphill to the catch can

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

the fitting I used is a 1/2" npt and its for a 3/4" hose.

Im assuming the stock size fitting on the black box wasn't enough cause my oil pan started leaking pretty much as soon as I started boosting. i had no leaks for the month i drove on this fresh build without boost..

i could have used the entire black box but i figured id rather free up a lil space under there..

Last edited by uptownsamcv; 10-07-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptownsamcv View Post
the fitting I used is a 1/2" npt and its for a 3/4" hose.

Im assuming the stock size fitting on the black box wasn't enough cause my oil pan started leaking pretty much as soon as I started boosting. i had no leaks for the month i drove on this fresh build without boost..

i could have used the entire black box but i figured id rather free up a lil space under there..
Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
The main reason is to up the flow.
I did mines beside it seem like o had to much blow by and once I did the mod it lessen.

But then again I do have ring problems.

So what I would suggest is leaving the black box there, and enlarging the OEM exhaust port, or adding an additional exhaust port in the black box after the baffling.

Thats what ive done for the last 10 years or so, and made over 500whp, and never had blow by problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 05:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

I ended up getting a 3/4" valve cover breather from autozone, the kind for V8 valve covers and connected it with 3/4" ID silicone hose. it cost me $7 for the breather and it has an internal baffle. if it gets messy ill go with a catch can....

Last edited by uptownsamcv; 10-10-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in