DIY: Shiftboot stay (Diagram) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2005, 04:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Photonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Photonic_Si
Default DIY: Shiftboot stay (Diagram)

Ok so maybe its a bit ghetto but its an invisible mod, and its not dangerous to be dodgy here.

If you have a standard gearboot, chances are, the plastic ring that restricts the gearboot from falling has long since cracked, and fallen off. So here is a way to stick the sucker up without having to go buy a whole new boot.

Without the ring on there, the boot still conforms to its origional shape as it was when the ring was there. Its not heavy (the boot) so there is no need to re inforce it, the folded down collar is enough to hold it up.

Find a coke bottle cap and drill it. Find the height you want the boot to sit at and drill the appropreate size. Slap on a coat of matt black so you cant see the red through the collar and whamo. you have a stay from nothing.

And heres a little diagram so you can see what im on about.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg gearbootstay.JPG (21.0 KB, 1852 views)

mugen無限power
Photonic_Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2005, 08:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
pisetup

Thanks for this tutorial. Mine has been broken for some time now.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2005, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 fireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Very nice... hopefully I can do this for my shift boot without breaking something...
fireant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2005, 11:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 skr33t_rac3r smells like Boratskr33t_rac3r smells like Boratskr33t_rac3r smells like Boratskr33t_rac3r smells like Boratskr33t_rac3r smells like Boratskr33t_rac3r smells like Borat

u could just take some electrical tape and wrap it around the shifter like i did
skr33t_rac3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2005, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

coco cola good for drinking ....googd for fixing ....lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2005, 05:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Photonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by skr33t_rac3r
u could just take some electrical tape and wrap it around the shifter like i did
Yeah but that is a bit too ghetto. This is a little more permanant, and when you remove the trim to service somthing, you dont have to see a huge lump of dodgy yellow and green striped insulation tape glomed on there.

It just takes a little more effort than grabbing a roll of tape, but dodgy things like that make crappy resale honda's for newcomers to the scene.

mugen無限power
Old 04-23-2005, 06:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 fireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonic_Si
Yeah but that is a bit too ghetto. This is a little more permanant, and when you remove the trim to service somthing, you dont have to see a huge lump of dodgy yellow and green striped insulation tape glomed on there.

It just takes a little more effort than grabbing a roll of tape, but dodgy things like that make crappy resale honda's for newcomers to the scene.
As opposed to coke bottle caps, which are much classier.

So eletrical tape Down Under is yellow and green? In the US its black. strange. The only thing I see wrong with using electrical tape is that the gear shifter has vibrations and heat which would make the tape eventually come loose.
fireant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2005, 07:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Noeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Noeladams

I like that, I used electrical tape but might take it off for this lol.

Noeladams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2005, 07:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Bummer I don't drink coke I guess mine will just droop lol!

Pepsi should work no?

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2005, 11:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
bspeed

I used a zip-tie on mine. I like the boot to be almost touching the shift knob.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

excellent. I've been too lazy to think of how to fix this on my car.
thanks.

-ic

<-- 500th post.
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2005, 07:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Gabe

I used a rubber band and kept wrapping it around at the top.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 HXDrager97 is learning the way of the DHXDrager97 is learning the way of the D

god so freekign simple... i ahve a B&M short shifter.. and that thing sags bad... like its all at the bottom on my shifter and you still have threads... but this one is a smarter one... but i should really jsut get a mugen stick style on but i kinda like my Type-R aluminum on...
HXDrager97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2005, 06:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sts2soon
As opposed to coke bottle caps, which are much classier.

So eletrical tape Down Under is yellow and green?
i was waiting for someone to take the piss..........

and no electrical tape DOWN UNDA is not all yellow and green. I was referring to the strange phenomena, that occurs to most people looking for ins. tape. They see black, blue red and even green and yellow, but they still seem to wind up using yellow and green striped stuff. Its a common problem.

mugen無限power
Old 04-24-2005, 11:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Synth is almost a somebodySynth is almost a somebodySynth is almost a somebodySynth is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

A washer works just as well as a coke cap..do the same thing, but use a washer; works well for me.
Synth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2005, 06:45 PM   #16 (permalink)

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

good idea, but i aint rocking no prancy boot anymore
Top Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2005, 02:06 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

LOL well only aussie fags remove their shift boot!

and yes. A washer is just as good, but you can completly adjust the height of the bood without fiddling round with a handfull of washers

mugen無限power
Old 05-02-2005, 03:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....

lmao @ aussies

good write up dude.....if you don't run a shift boot, and you have a modded exhaust.....get ready for some hot air coming into the cabin when that sucker gets hot
flatfourfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2005, 12:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

/\/\/\/\ True.. So trav, not only are you a fag, but a rather warm one at that!

mugen無限power
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in