Exhaust manifold is cracked - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2005, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
1998civiclx

Default Exhaust manifold is cracked

I have a 98 civic lx I am trying to find a replcement for my exhaust manifold but im not having any luck finding one that will work with my car. I would like to get a header because the stock manifold on my car will keep cracking because its made from cast-iron. Also it needs 2 o2 sensors. If any one has an ideas let me know.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2005, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
DOG
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 DOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DOG

I'm sure someone has one around here. Where are you located?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2005, 04:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
1998civiclx

Wisconsin

Old 04-18-2005, 04:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
DOG

Rep Power: 19 DOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatness

Damn. way up north. Still cold up there? If you look in the for sale section you might be able to find a decent header if you cant find a y7 exhaust manifold.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-18-2005, 04:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
DOG

Want me to move this to the Want to buy section?

Old 04-18-2005, 07:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Noeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Noeladams

same thing happened to mine. I replaced it with a dcsports but if I see any I'll let u know

Noeladams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2005, 07:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 red4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to red4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noeladams
same thing happened to mine. I replaced it with a dcsports but if I see any I'll let u know
mine's got a crack in it too, bugs the hell outta me with that hissing sound. i just need to figure out which header i want to go with.

red4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2005, 03:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Noeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by red4
mine's got a crack in it too, bugs the hell outta me with that hissing sound. i just need to figure out which header i want to go with.

I ended up with a dc sports 4-2-1 header so far so good since I am not turboing at the moment

Old 04-19-2005, 03:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998civiclx
I have a 98 civic lx I am trying to find a replcement for my exhaust manifold but im not having any luck finding one that will work with my car. I would like to get a header because the stock manifold on my car will keep cracking because its made from cast-iron. Also it needs 2 o2 sensors. If any one has an ideas let me know.
This happens to most people with stock in header catalytic convertor's. The stock design was not meant for any spirited driving, just daily commuting.
There was a Honda emissions warranty that extended coverage on this item. You should be able to get it replaced with an OEM unit for minimal charge. If you want to swap your header to aftermarket...you are talking $$. You need a new header, catalytic convertor, and exhaut pipe (muffler should remain relatively the same).

I did this 2 years ago...pm me if you need more help

Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2005, 09:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
1998civiclx

Quote:
What did you do about the two o2 sensors?
Old 04-19-2005, 09:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
I also have a cool title

Rep Power: 22 98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 98CiviCn00b

Mines cracked on my y8...i kept it on cuz im going turbo

Quote:
waiting to hear from this dude right now bout that tranny. lol...hopefully he will meet me somewhere.
98CiviCn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2005, 03:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998civiclx
What did you do about the two o2 sensors?

dcsports header came with a o2 sensor plugin and the extension cable to plug it back in.

Old 04-20-2005, 06:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
1998civiclx

Quote:
dcsports header came with a o2 sensor plugin and the extension cable to plug it back in.
Will that work on my lx?
Where did you get it?

Last edited by 1998civiclx; 04-20-2005 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I have a stock exhaust manifold back home it is from my own personal 98 civic lx, just throw me an offer and pay for the shipping, i am trying to get rid of it anyway.
Devine_wind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2005, 09:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
1998civiclx

ill give you 100

Last edited by 1998civiclx; 04-20-2005 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:41 AM   #16 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

mine cracked also. I got mine FREE with new O2 sensors(because my old ones would not come out) under the extended warrenty... try that first! my bill would have been 500usd$
CIVIC_BAM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2005, 10:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 CivicY8 is learning the way of the DCivicY8 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i have a stock one off a 98 ex.. if your interested?
CivicY8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in