Install Question.... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2005, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Wink Install Question....

I need to take out my stock airbag and stock steering wheel and put my mugen replica soon, its about that time now.... can anyone give me a step by step instructions on how to do it, I would GREATLY appreciate it!!! Thanks D-fam.. Paul
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2005, 08:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 necro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

But if i take out my pass. airbag what could i use to cover the hole in the dash?
Sorry dont mean to hijack ur thread.
necro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2005, 08:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
ABTsportsline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC
I need to take out my stock airbag and stock steering wheel and put my mugen replica soon, its about that time now.... can anyone give me a step by step instructions on how to do it, I would GREATLY appreciate it!!! Thanks D-fam.. Paul
not to sound like a parent, but why would you want to remove your airbag? its the last line of defense between you and that windscreen...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2005, 08:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
ABTsportsline

Quote:
Originally Posted by necro
But if i take out my pass. airbag what could i use to cover the hole in the dash?
Sorry dont mean to hijack ur thread.
i honestly don't know why you'd want to remove the passenger airbag.... driver side i could understand for a different steering wheel maybe... but passenger?

earlier models that don't have an airbag cutout can be removed and the dash replaced and there would be no marking.

later models same thing - remove the dash and remove the airbag mechanism. no need to remove the panel that says "Airbag - SRS"
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2005, 08:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

ok, I need to remove the driver side bag, dont want to but I need to, to install this phat wheel, I just dont know to start.....
Old 04-06-2005, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

rotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

just hit it real hard with a hammer..lol that will get it out of there..
rotory20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2005, 11:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

I think there is a few screws and such....hmmm....
Old 04-06-2005, 11:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 zrowcool smells like Boratzrowcool smells like Boratzrowcool smells like Boratzrowcool smells like Boratzrowcool smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

hmmm... take off the center peice that has the bag/horn button. it should pop off rather simply since it's just held on with clips. there will be a wire connected to it that you unclip which would be the horn and airbag harness. Be extremely careful since the bags are very sensitive and i've seen a few people blow them up rather easily. i don't know how to de-activate it so someone else may chime in for that one. then behind that bag/horn package you will see the bolt that holds your wheel on. i find if you lock the wheel and use a breaker bar it makes it a lil easier. then you can get a wheel puller or use some crazy muscle power to pull it off. i've only met 1 person that did it by strength. and then just install your new wheel/hub.
zrowcool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2005, 02:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

definitely want to unhook your battery!
maybe you need to pull the fuse for the airbags too (if there is one)

don't want that thing to explode in your face. Look in your repair manual.

-ic
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2005, 02:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Noeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Noeladams

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarusdown
definitely want to unhook your battery!
maybe you need to pull the fuse for the airbags too (if there is one)

don't want that thing to explode in your face. Look in your repair manual.

-ic

Unhooking your battery is a MUST... unless you wanna trigger a airbag. I havent taken mine off, I need to get a new steering wheel b/c mine is kinda messed up around the top. I want to get another wheel from maybe a s2000 or something that has a airbag in it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noeladams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2005, 09:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Thanks for all the replys guys, Ill install it with a wheel puller from the local auto parts shop...Ill post pics when I get my car cleaned up and ready to rock....thanks again!!! Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in