DIY Headliner - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default DIY Headliner

Used some sickspeed fabric from ebay to do my headliner cuz i was tired of seeing a dirty ripped headliner. let me know what you think. i will take more pics of it tomorrow as it got dark outside
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	944124_509463205786517_1386879751_n.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	44777   Click image for larger version

Name:	249051_509462962453208_361506834_n.jpg
Views:	837
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	44785  
TeamMidwest620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 zachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Post this in your showcase bud. A DIY is a detailed step by step description of how you did it. Like what tools required, what glue, how ya did the stencil, that sort of thing. But good idea. I didn't even think about doin the headliner. I'm about to redo my headliner, visors, armrest and door panels. Im gonna do mine in bride I believe.. How much was the fabric? As a matter of fact...just edit your post and try to explain a step by step of how ya did it. The more pics, the better.

No god Here
zachbanton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

ive got the same rear view mirror mang.

i love the damn thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

89c1vicdx It's a JDM Star Bitches....89c1vicdx It's a JDM Star Bitches....89c1vicdx It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

^^ x3 wink mirrors are the best
89c1vicdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

89c1vicdx It's a JDM Star Bitches....89c1vicdx It's a JDM Star Bitches....89c1vicdx It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

but OP I like the look, and how ya did it would make me a lot happier
89c1vicdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2013, 05:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Ill try get pics up soon they are on my bros camera and all I used was two Philips screwdrivers (1 small, 1 large) a medium and large flat tip screwdriver, my choice of fabric and a can of 3m headliner adhesive. I barely managed to get it on with one can so I suggest getting two cans just in case.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

I started from the head visors and moved my way to the back. So first remove the rear view mirror trim, you do this by just snapping it off by pulling it down, this would reveal 3 phillips screws and the rear view mirror will come off. Next the visors will need to come off, for this you use your flat tip screwdrivers and remove the two bolts/screws holding the visors, once this is done with a bit of turning the visor should slip right out. As for the little tab that the visor clips on to, use a flat head screwdriver to push through the back opening and push in, while at the same time turning the tab 90 degrees and should come out.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Now to the dome light, remove the clear cover and remove the small philips screw in it and unplug the wire harness
Old 06-29-2013, 05:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Next remove 2 rear plastic disk clips by pulling them down and also pull down on the hanger hook thats back there as well. After that pull the front side pillars off, pull it loose a little then move it forwards to free the rear corner then just pull it out. Now after all that is done slide the headliner forward towards the windshield until it is able to be pulled out of the car.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Now use some good adhesive and spray it on, i used generous amounts and be sure to let the glue tack up a bit before applying your fabric. I applied mine in horizontal sections and worked out bubbles. Take your time if you dont want any wrinkles, also apply some adhesive around the edge of the back of the headliner to hold down the rest of the fabric after you trimmed it to size. next just cut the holes for dome light and anything else that will be reused like your visors. After that you pretty much just reverse the order you used to take it off. Be Patient it takes a bit of work pulling the headliner back through but helps if you have a buddy or two.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 zachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

good shit....MORE PICS!!! haha

No god Here
zachbanton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I like the colors and design, just the logo isnt my thing.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

Haha doesnt happen to 92-95 civics vinyl baby!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 dseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Does it matter what fabric you use?? Like..could I go to a fabric store and get whatever i wanted??
dseriesboulder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Zer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcano
Zer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

You want to use something with some substance. Your adhesive can soak/bleed through thin fabric.

My car hates me.

Zer0DazE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 dseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0DazE View Post
You want to use something with some substance. Your adhesive can soak/bleed through thin fabric.
Makes sense. Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

instagram @theerroneouspenguin
dseriesboulder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2013, 02:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I do have this bookmarked.. if anyone wants to check it out..

Suede Headliner Kit 54 inches by 60 inches Headliner Fabric and One Can of Adhesive
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
gonzo

no pictures? i also wnat to know the detail.
Ackerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in