swapped motor need help! please - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation swapped motor need help! please

i have a 2000 civic vp d16y7 automatic i blew a rod threw the oil pan so i decided to buy a parts car the car i bouhght is a 98 d16y8 manual i have done the swap already (motor and tranny) and now the car woulnt start.... i used the harness from the 98 d16y8 and ( left it on the motor during swap ) now i have both ecu's i have the autos p2e and the manuals vetech p2p when either of these are plugged in the key is turned and i cant hear the fuel pump pressuriszing no fuel = no start i know the 2000 is obd2b and the 98 harness is obd2a do i need a conversion harness from the 98s motor to the 98 ecu? or what could be my problem also when the 98 ecu is plugged in i have an extra grey plug just hanging i also get the park light and the 2nd gear light on the dash illuminating ?
please help ive searched fourms and i cant find anything that leads me in the right direction
also will try to add pictures if i did not explain very well just let me know
mechanic1013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

This should be in gentech.

Use the 2000 engine harness. Did you do an auto to manual conversion?

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4

Last edited by 2jzdreamin; 05-26-2013 at 03:22 PM.
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

i thought vetech wouldnt work on the 2000 harness ? and yes

Old 05-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic1013 View Post
i thought vetech wouldnt work on the 2000 harness ? and yes
VTec would need to be wired in to the 2000 harness. You can use either a obd2b y8 ecu or a 1996-98 y8 ecu but you will need an ecu step down harness from obd2b to obd2a.

Now for the auto to manual conversion. Did you do the bypass wiring?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 05-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

were would that be rewired into ? and i have the 98's ecu that will work
and bypass for what?
Old 05-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
were would that be rewired into ? and i have the 98's ecu that will work
and bypass for what?
VTec needs to be wires from the sensors to the ecu plugs.

The 98 ecu will only work with the step down harness.

There's wires at the auto shifter plug that need to be jumped so the car will start and a few other things.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 05-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

so i cant use the 98's harness then? and the 2000's ecu is for an auto does tht affect it or vetech thats why i was gonna use the y8 ecu
, and yea i got it bypassed
Old 05-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

You can't use the 98 harness on the 00 car. You need to use the 00 harness on the 00 car.

If its a y8 ecu you can use it but you will have codes for the auto stuff that's not hooked up. Shouldn't effect how the motor runs.

You will need to wire VTec to the 00 harness if there not there all ready.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 05-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

yea the 00 harness came off of a non vetech how do i rewire it and no the 00 ecu is off a y7 so i have to use the y8 ecu right?
Old 05-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

the 00 harness also dosent have the same intake manifold plugs could i just buy a 99-00 d16y8 engine harness on the y8 with the step down for the ecu ?
Old 05-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
the 00 harness also dosent have the same intake manifold plugs could i just buy a 99-00 d16y8 engine harness on the y8 with the step down for the ecu ?
What difference between your harnesses?

The only thing I know that's different is the distributor plugs. 99-00 sohc use an 8 wire distributor plug where's the 96-98 sohc use a 10 wire plug. Now the 99-00 si dohc uses the same 10 wire plug as the sohc.

Iacv plugs are different to. One uses a 3 wire and one is a 2 wire

instagram @magicman9won4

Last edited by 2jzdreamin; 05-26-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

i was told that autoand manual have diffrent intake plugs and could i just swap distributors?
instead of rewire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
d16y7, d16y8, obd2a, obd2b, swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in