DIY paint jobs - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2005, 06:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
andyvaj

Default DIY paint jobs

show off your DIY paint jobs! planning on doing my own this summer.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2005, 08:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 Rickcrx is almost a somebodyRickcrx is almost a somebodyRickcrx is almost a somebodyRickcrx is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

I dont have any pics of my crx but i painted last year with flat black paint.Also id paint my gsr wheels flat black.Ill be posting pics soon.
Rickcrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2005, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

here's my latest DIY paintjob
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18248

-ic
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2005, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2

https://www.d-series.org/forums/vbgar...o=view&id=1910

not the best photos taken with my cel phone the engine bay pic has the best tone for the paint !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks
cryz2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2005, 02:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

->cryz2
careful with the negative rep button!

-ic
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2005, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna

oh MAN i am so sorry you know it was ment to be +

Dyslexia sucks
Old 03-23-2005, 03:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

lkailburn It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

pics of an entire painted car or?

i've painted my :
side mouldings
front lip
rear lip
sideskirts
sp00n mirrors
trunk liscence plate garnish
door handles
eyelids

Last edited by lkailburn; 12-10-2006 at 03:21 PM.
lkailburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2005, 02:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Looks nice man

Dyslexia sucks
Old 04-06-2005, 03:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 vg7z is learning the way of the Dvg7z is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

hey man that looks awesome wanna do a writeup on how to paint it?
vg7z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2005, 03:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

zoom in a little on the paint... it looks good from far, but I'm curious what the texture really looks like... on a DIY job though

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2005, 08:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
slowdelsol1

heres the sol

before the paint

there was lots of rust, but ill post that later and now the new paint.. it is graphite gray pearl. off of a mitsu evo mr

cant wait to get it all back together. hopefully fri it will be done
Old 04-06-2005, 08:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 red4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatnessred4 is approaching greatness
Send a message via AIM to red4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkailburn
pics of an entire painted car or?

i've painted my :
side mouldings
front lip
rear lip
sideskirts
sp00n mirrors
trunk liscence plate garnish
door handles
eyelids

car looks clean! wish i could paint my own stuff. tried going the rattle can route on my last car, didn't work out so well...

red4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2005, 08:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 vg7z is learning the way of the Dvg7z is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

damn that sol looks greaT! nice jpob man
vg7z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2005, 11:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

yeah, looks good

definitely not a rattle can job

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-07-2005, 09:37 AM   #15 (permalink)

lkailburn It's a JDM Star Bitches....

thanks for the compliments guys. im gonna reclear coat the lips hopefully this weekend and then i'll get ya some closeup pics

thanks again
lkailburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2005, 10:18 AM   #16 (permalink)

I see a tiny, tiny bit of orange peel in the close-up on the sidemirror... you can tell by how the reflections of the ceiling lights are not perfectly even lines. But that small amount is great for a home job... Earl Sheib did mine and the orange peel look was HORRIBLE.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-07-2005, 10:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
slowdelsol1

yeah there is some orange peel in the clear. but not to bad.. im happy with the way it turned out, cant wait to get it all back together again. hopfully tomorow.. ill take some pics of it
Old 04-07-2005, 07:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
SlodelSol

question to the guy that painted the sol...Were you able to get the top and window seals off without damaging them? I need to get my car painted and wanted to take off as much stuff as possible before dropping it off and was worried about ruining the seals if I tryed taking them off thanks for any info you can provide
Old 04-07-2005, 07:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

kit....wing....mirrors....base coat/ clear coat done by myself....oh an rims with rattle can....

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2005, 06:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
slowdelsol1

ahh yes the seals. well um the side windshield mouldings, i broke every clip that holds them on, they are tough to get off with out em breaking. the weather stipping on the that goes all the way around, is easy, its 4 screws for the front and 2 for the rear ones then they just peel off, but becareful pullin em off there is a sealant on them, if ya go to fast you can destroy em.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in