WRENCHIN' WITH TRAV - EG HB 18mm Rear Sway Bar Install - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2005, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default WRENCHIN' WITH TRAV - EG HB 18mm Rear Sway Bar Install

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself, d-series.org nor Underground Imports take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim:
To fit a WHITELINE 18mm Rear Sway Bar to eg5 HB.

Required:
- Sway bar
- 14mm ring spanner/ratchet
- 12mm ring spanner/ratchet
- Grease

Info:
Ok time to really upgrade the susspension on my eg. 18mm is the largest sway bar u can fit to an eg without heavy duty mounts and what not. This bar just happened to come up for sale when i was floatin by so i promptly bought itm massive difference. Heres the fit. Very Simple.

Step 1:
OK jack up the rear of your car and take off the rear wheels, u should probably use jack stands too.

Step 2:
OK now undo and remove the 2 x 14mm Bolts on the left and right LCA's.
Easy.

Step 3:
OK with those undone and out of there u must remove the 2 x 12mm bolts on the subframe, there are 2 on each side so thats a total of 4 x 12mm to undo.

Step 4:
Ok now pull out the stock toothpick, i mean sway bar, take of the clips as u will need these for the next bar, put some grease on the rubber mounts and clips and put the bar back on. Just finger tight the 12mm bolts to hold it on.

Step 5:
Now with the bar on, line it all up, i suggest gettin all bolts started and then centering the bar and then do up the 12mm bolts tight, but no donkey kong tight!!

Top Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2005, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano

Step 6:
OK now do up the 14mm bolts on the LCA, remember not super tight like donkey kong the bogan!!!

Step 7:
Ok now, put the wheels back on, lower ur car and check its all tight and sturdy and your done.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ok now all done, good job, not go hit some corners!!

Old 03-20-2005, 07:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

Trav you own the DIY treads.......hats off to ya!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2005, 07:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by modsHXcivi
Trav you own the DIY treads.......hats off to ya!!!!
thanks man

fuck yeah i should be the dang DIY forum mod lol
Old 03-20-2005, 07:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Aussie
thanks man

fuck yeah i should be the dang DIY forum mod lol
i couldnt agree more ....Trav helping noobs one DIY tread at a time

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2005, 07:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by modsHXcivi
i couldnt agree more ....Trav helping noobs one DIY tread at a time
hahahaha lol thats funny man
Old 03-20-2005, 07:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
I also have a cool title

Rep Power: 22 98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 98CiviCn00b

Too bad u dont have a EJ8 or an EK.....You woulld really help me out.

Quote:
waiting to hear from this dude right now bout that tranny. lol...hopefully he will meet me somewhere.
98CiviCn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2005, 08:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CiviCn00b
lol NO its too bad u dont have an eg man
Old 03-20-2005, 08:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Tibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

whos shoes are those in the first pic lol
Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2005, 08:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibs
whos shoes are those in the first pic lol
My stupid mates, why?
Old 03-20-2005, 08:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
I also have a cool title

Rep Power: 22 98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 98CiviCn00b

Quote:
lol NO its too bad u dont have an eg man
I would trade in my car for an eg but ive put so much into my car plus its a daily driver. i couldnt just give up what ive done to the car so far. Quit making me feel bad for having an ej8

Quote:
waiting to hear from this dude right now bout that tranny. lol...hopefully he will meet me somewhere.
98CiviCn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2005, 08:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

l
Quote:
I would trade in my car for an eg but ive put so much into my car plus its a daily driver. i couldnt just give up what ive done to the car so far. Quit making me feel bad for having an ej8
ok man, lol dont stress out, do some diys y0!!
Old 03-20-2005, 08:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

Quote:
werd, then you could be in the eg squad Dave.

nice shoes trav

nice sway bar too, I just have 14mm gsr bar on my hatch.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2005, 08:49 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnicolas
werd, then you could be in the eg squad Dave.

nice shoes trav

nice sway bar too, I just have 14mm gsr bar on my hatch.
they arent my shoes!!!
Old 03-20-2005, 08:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

you are wearing someone else's shoes? YOU BOGAN!!!!!

Old 03-20-2005, 08:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
you are wearing someone else's shoes? YOU BOGAN!!!!!
no that was my mate u fuck!!! :haha:
Old 03-20-2005, 08:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

looks hella good dude!! you shouldnt wear other people shoes...what if they have athletes foot??

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2005, 08:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Quote:
no that was my mate u fuck!!! :haha:

you dont got to lie to kick it codlips!!! you forgot your sandals at the beach huh?

Old 03-20-2005, 09:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
you dont got to lie to kick it codlips!!! you forgot your sandals at the beach huh?
fuck up poofter lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in