Honda D Series Forum banner

DIY security kill switch for a CRX [HOW TO]

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ryan89crx 
#1 ·
Reactions: Tibs
#2 ·
sts2soon said:
Here's my writeup on how to do the basic wiring for a simple fuel pump cutoff in your CRX or EF civic. I wont tell you where to hide the switch, though. :?

http://www.dmcknight.net/crxhowto/kill_switch

Very cool. . .I've been thinking of doing something like this, but really had no idea of where to start. BUT, I do have my quick release steering wheel hub--they'll have a hard time driving it even if they get it started ;-)

#3 ·
I always try to park right up next to a wall on the passenger's side in the garage at work. I then turn the wheel all the way to the left, then lock it, and use the e-brake.

This will make it exceedingly difficult to get my car out without driving it out.

#4 ·
sts2soon said:
I always try to park right up next to a wall on the passenger's side in the garage at work. I then turn the wheel all the way to the left, then lock it, and use the e-brake.

This will make it exceedingly difficult to get my car out without driving it out.

I try not to worry about my cars too much. My neighborhood is really safe (*knocks on wood*)--I do keep the EP in the garage though ;-) I work in a topless bar on the Westside of Indianapolis--so the parking lot at work--especially since I work nights--is the worst time for my rides. My Dodge Ram wasn't even in my possession for 24 hours and someone nailed the tailgate with an aluminum baseball bat (There was a softball park behind the bar in the late 90's). So, stupid shit to worry about there. Rambling. . .

#7 ·
Good stuff, I remember seeing the H-T posts on kill switches and thinking, "someone needs to write a how-to for the CRX/EF crowd"... because the wires are different.

I want to devise some hidden trunk lock as well, some secondary mechanical latch that I would know to flip before my hood would open, but nobody else would think to look for. I've already said too much! :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.