WRENCHIN' WITH TRAV - Carbon Fibre Js Racing Intake Install - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2005, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default WRENCHIN' WITH TRAV - Carbon Fibre Js Racing Intake Install

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself, d-series.org nor Underground Imports take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: To fit a Carbon Fibre Js Racing intake to my eg5 HB.

Time: 1hr or less

Required:
- 10mm Ring Spanner/Ratchet
- Standard Screw driver
- Phillips Screw Driver
- Js Intake
- 1 Nut/bolt/washer

Info:
Yo with much who har and what not around this intake i took it upon my self to get one in and fit it, simple to do, here is my guide, pretty easy too.

Step 1:
Ok pop your bonnet so we can romove ur existing intake. Min happened to be a sexy JDM eg6 SIR stock box and pipe, i shed a tear. Simply remove all teh hoses hangin off it, remove the clamp on the throttle body and also teh 3 10mm bolts holding the box to the body.

should look like this when its all gone:

jdm vs js:
Top Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2005, 10:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano

Step 2:
Ok now time to put the intake together, but on the rubber reducer at the Tb end on with clamp. Ok first we need to bend a brcket so u can fit the dam thing in there!!

Step 3:
You will have to reroute a coolant line just near your fuel rail. You DONT have to but if i leave all that pipe lying around i could rub on your intake and wreck it, simple as a re reout and a joiner

Step 4:
Ok now that thats all sorted, fit the intake pipe minus the filter, itll eb pretty tight in places, but it should fit, even with a strut bar.

Step 5:
Ok now fit the filter and use the rbacket provided to make a intake stay. this is who i hooked it up and it is very sturdy, i migth change it later, when i build an air box and what not, but this was i didnt need to mod the bracket and/or make another one. it was included. BTW i removed the cooland resevior just to get a lil but of extar room.

Step 6:
Ok now tighten all teh clamps nuts and what not, rejoin all hoses and giev it a quick shake to make sure everything is all tight and stable. then reset your ECU. remove the ecu fuse out of the fuse box and leave for 10mins.

Last edited by Top Aussie; 03-17-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Step 7:
Put ecu fuse back in and start ur car and let idle for bout 10mins and dont touch anything!! no revs or anything!! onces it warm, go for a squirt and make sure all is in order. Recheck all clamps and fittings after a 'spirted drive' to ensure all is stable and well.

Good luck and well done.

COMING SOON: MAKING AN AIR BOX FOR YOUR JS INTAKE!

Last edited by Top Aussie; 03-17-2005 at 10:39 PM.

Old 03-17-2005, 10:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

travs killing these DIY treads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2005, 10:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Hell ya!! looks awesome Trav!!

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2005, 10:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Top Aussie

Rep Power: 17 nedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

awesome write-up man! i'd give you rep if it would let me
nedgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2005, 10:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
This one's for you, Duck.

Rep Power: 27 Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via MSN to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via Yahoo to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother

Nice little write-up. Now post some vids. Or at least some sound clips of the thing.

::
<-- Add yourself to the D-Series map!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2005, 10:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

thanks guys, more diys coming and i dont know bout clips, im dynoing this intake in 2days maybe then.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 ReDemoN is learning the way of the DReDemoN is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

I want your stock intake tube and filter box.
ReDemoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2005, 06:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

lkailburn It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

i love the whale penis hehhe
lkailburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2005, 07:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

WOG PENIS!!!!!!!

nice intake Trav, nice write up also. I am curious to see this airbox you are going to McGuyver up, are you going to use sheet metal?

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2005, 09:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 streetforce is starting to learn the ropesstreetforce is starting to learn the ropesstreetforce is starting to learn the ropesstreetforce is starting to learn the ropesstreetforce is starting to learn the ropesstreetforce is starting to learn the ropes

1 question y did u take out the ECU fuse to reset the ecu y would u do that??
streetforce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2005, 09:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

how does it sound, Trav?

nice or what ?
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2005, 12:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Top Aussie

Rep Power: 17 nedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetforce
1 question y did u take out the ECU fuse to reset the ecu y would u do that??
I thought u were meant to take out the backup fuse when resetting your ecu?? Mind you disconnecting your battery will do this already.
nedgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2005, 12:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

guys, sounds veyr nice and looks very nice, but this intake better prove tis worth on the dyno today or its out of here!!

keep u posted
Old 03-22-2005, 02:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....

trav.......I really dig your DIY's.............I dunno if I should laugh or go out and buy a fake j's intake.....................good write up.......

you're a funny bogan
flatfourfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2005, 12:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfourfan
trav.......I really dig your DIY's.............I dunno if I should laugh or go out and buy a fake j's intake.....................good write up.......

you're a funny bogan
laugh? blah!! get one

thanks i think....
Old 03-22-2005, 06:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
I save lives

Rep Power: 17 NeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatnessNeveruN is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NeveruN

top aussie get ur shit dynoed bro and post it!

NeveruN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2005, 09:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....

LMAO?...........get one.........HELL no, I've had something similar and it's way too noisy, plus I lost torque.
flatfourfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2005, 09:37 PM   #20 (permalink)

bah pussies!!

dyno soon, it aint free!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in