b&m fuel pressure guage - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2003, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
dxmannn

Included in the kit, you will find a new banjo bolt and a 90 degree brass fitting and crush washer along with the fuel pressure guage. Your first step is to pop open your gas cap to relieve any pressure in the fuel system. Then remove the banjo bolt from the fuel filter.
With the stock banjo bolt removed, install the new banjo bolt. Be sure to install the new copper crush washer onto the banjo bolt first. Tighten the bolt down.
Now wrap the the 90 degree brass fitting with some teflon tape and install it onto the new banjo bolt. Be sure that it is tight and faces in the correct direction. Wrap the threads on the new fuel pressure gauge and install it onto the 90 degree elbow.
Double check that everything is tight and close the gas cap. Now you can start up the car and verify that there are no leaks. The guage will now display your current fuel pressure.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2003, 02:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 Lule will become famous soon enoughLule will become famous soon enoughLule will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Good writeup. I do take issue with the use of teflon tape on fuel fittings. I prefer paste to the tape because if any of the tape ends up inside the fuel line, gas will turn it to mush and send it down the line. The tape can be used, just with caution.
Lule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2004, 03:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
PGxmax12

anybody know where i can find replacement banjo bolts. i didnt get the kit, i just have the gauge. thanks.

Old 04-22-2004, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
siScott

yeah nice job
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in