head light reminder buzzer - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2003, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
No more Honda's :-(

Rep Power: 18 FMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via MSN to FMYStreetRacer

this is by far the best thing that i have ever done to my 92 Civic CX. when you leave your lights on this thing goes nutts. it's pretty loud and you can't miss it.

ok first you go to radio shack and buy a 12v peizo buzzer. i think that i paid $2 for mine. then you just add it in like the pics below. i used 3m double sided tape to attach mine to the bottem on the fuse block.

83 RX-7 Wide Body, 4-port 13B street-ported, Cartech turbo system with blow through carbs

03 Kawasaki KLX400R tagged

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FMYStreetRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2003, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
DOG
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 DOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DOG

FMIDRC Racer- Nice DIY. I dont know how many times Ive left that light on overnight, but its been too many.Thanks
DOG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2003, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
No more Honda's :-(

Rep Power: 18 FMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via MSN to FMYStreetRacer

if you leave your lights on like me then do this. you'll love it. as soon as you turn your key off when you have the lights on on it will buzz pretty loud. when i open my door with the alarm disarmed on my car it flashes the lights for 15 sec so it buzzes everytime that happens to. it's pretty neat and has saved me 2 times since i installed it 3 months ago.

83 RX-7 Wide Body, 4-port 13B street-ported, Cartech turbo system with blow through carbs

03 Kawasaki KLX400R tagged

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FMYStreetRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2004, 08:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Terrabomb

Hey Guys,
I tried this and it did not work for the life of me. I tried everything but it still won't work. When I touch the wires to the appropriate terminal it only sounds for a second and then stops? wtf?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2004, 04:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

since I did this mod SEVEN years ago, I;ll list the fuses neended to tap into next time my car in airborne on stands.

It is really simple!!!!!!!! So simple a redneck like me figured it out!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2004, 05:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

That is a great idea! Nice job!

Check out my civic build here -->

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2004, 05:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

I should try this out, I leave my lights on when I get to work all the time. Thankfully it does not take much juice to turn over a d-series engine!

Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2004, 08:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
mordantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic4ges
I should try this out, I leave my lights on when I get to work all the time. Thankfully it does not take much juice to turn over a d-series engine!
or to bump start em in second, phew!
Old 08-12-2004, 02:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

http://fourthgenhatch.com/headlightbuzzer.html

That writeup is pretty good for it too, with pics. It's saved me a few times from having to pop the clutch.

"unplug the #8 Taillights/License Lights/Instrument Lights Fuse. Once the fuse is unpluged take the Red Wire from the Piezo "

"unplug the #18 Rear Defroster Relay Fuse. Do the same as you did for the Red Wire for the other Black Wire "
bgladfelter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2004, 01:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
underpants93

I just did tis mod. Very cool. Make sure to get the little buzzer in the radio shack buzzer drawer, (Link to pics above make it seem big. )it is about as big as a quarter. Took about 2 minutes.

$3.49

Oh yeah, they call it a buzzer, but it is really more of a beep?
Old 08-21-2004, 06:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
one of D-series.org's nicest rides

Rep Power: 17 turbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I want it to sound like tink tink tink....anyway to do that....?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 J_Dog is learning the way of the DJ_Dog is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Anyone have Pics of how to do this???? Search isn't turning up anything and google isn't either.

91 si

a6 y8 mini
p29's
60mm TB
Crower stage 2 Cam
7lb Fidanza Flywheel
Aluminum Crank Pully
Innovative Trac Bar
Hondata s300

Quote:
I've got a spoon in my cup holder. Does that mean I have a spoon cup holder?
J_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Yes,its a good thing. I have it from factory so no diy for me.
rosco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in