DIY Post pics on the board Using PhotoBucket - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 royboy  is accepted as part of the communityroyboy  is accepted as part of the communityroyboy  is accepted as part of the communityroyboy  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Post DIY Post pics on the board Using PhotoBucket

It's recently come to my attention that many people are not familiar with the use of Photobucket/ImageShack to submit images on the board. This little DIY thread is a step by step way of doing it.

1. You must have a valid PhotoBucket (for now on refered to as PB) account. After your sign up, it's time for sign in.

2. This will lead you to your home menu
Click UPLOAD

3.Enable Uploading from your computer by pressing the blue button in the middle

4.Select the files you want to upload to your PB library

5. Wait for the IMAGE to load ( I personnally encourage JPG format since it's not tool heavy while retaining a nice quality)

6.Get back to your library.

7. Select the image you want to post on the board

8. Copy the IMG link that you paste in the message box to make it appear in the thread.

9. Enjoy

Last edited by eddcartes; 04-18-2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: grammatik macht frei.
royboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Nice write-up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you checked
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

If only the noobs would read.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 royboy  is accepted as part of the communityroyboy  is accepted as part of the communityroyboy  is accepted as part of the communityroyboy  is accepted as part of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler_580 View Post
Word, might be some way of cloning/sticking it to the N00B forum

EDIT: I need comments to give back repz to. Sorry Beav

Last edited by royboy; 04-09-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Just a disclaimer:

If you want your pics to disappear in 2-3 years, choose photo(f)ucket. If you want them to last for ages, choose Imageshack.us; I would never hijack a DIY except in this case - I hate PB this g**-damned much.

I can't begin to count how many older pictures I've researched & found via google (they cache the thumbnails), only to find PB has deleted them. Conversely I've found Imageshack pics from nearly a decade ago still alive & kickin'. They aren't user-removed, as that gives a different message/page result.

If nothing else, use them for the simple reason you don't have to make an account - you have to if you want to edit/sort/delete. Other reasons include easy to get direct links & links marked up for posting directly into a forum message, optimizing an image (reduces load time), and resizing an image on the fly.
HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 8 Sleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the community

really hate how the new photobucket turned out.
the old one was more user friendly for me to find my old pictures
Sleeper Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler_580 View Post
Yeah, I'm gonna jump on the wagon with you guys.

Great write up. We need an entire "how to use the internet" section.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Z6Ekhatch is starting to learn the ropesZ6Ekhatch is starting to learn the ropesZ6Ekhatch is starting to learn the ropesZ6Ekhatch is starting to learn the ropesZ6Ekhatch is starting to learn the ropesZ6Ekhatch is starting to learn the ropesZ6Ekhatch is starting to learn the ropes

great write up man
Z6Ekhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiProfile View Post
Just a disclaimer:

If you want your pics to disappear in 2-3 years, choose photo(f)ucket. If you want them to last for ages, choose Imageshack.us; I would never hijack a DIY except in this case - I hate PB this g**-damned much.

I can't begin to count how many older pictures I've researched & found via google (they cache the thumbnails), only to find PB has deleted them. Conversely I've found Imageshack pics from nearly a decade ago still alive & kickin'. They aren't user-removed, as that gives a different message/page result.

If nothing else, use them for the simple reason you don't have to make an account - you have to if you want to edit/sort/delete. Other reasons include easy to get direct links & links marked up for posting directly into a forum message, optimizing an image (reduces load time), and resizing an image on the fly.
Not true. This is a 5 year old post. I removed 3 pic in this post because I was drunk that night and was doing retarded stuff....and because my dude Chris (who put my tires on) didn't want to be online.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post
Okay so I got the wheels to the shop and got them all preped and ready to paint. Preogress below......

Ready to be removed

Chris Budde. The guy who took em off for me.

Tires removed and ready to paint.

The products used. Duplicolor gloss black paint, small can of red, can of clear coat, aircraft stripper and 400 grit sandpaper.

Aircraft Stripper doin its thang.

First coat.

Second coat.

Third coat.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
Old 04-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper Si View Post
really hate how the new photobucket turned out.
the old one was more user friendly for me to find my old pictures
Totally agree with that. Had to literrally relearn how to use PB before posting this
Old 04-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Yet my images from 8+ years ago still show up.......using photobucket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

i prefer imageshack...

photobucket seems to fail a lot...

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

^^
This

And that quoted wheel paint write up shows the direct result.

Ive used Imageshack since 07 and never had a problem.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
^^
This

And that quoted wheel paint write up shows the direct result.

Ive used Imageshack since 07 and never had a problem.
.......because I removed them myself. I don't understand why people have such a hard time with it. I've never had a problem like anything you guys have described.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

when you read a thread and it shows "image is not availble" during a write up, youll know.

Figures, when trying to find the icon, i cant find one. But when I look thru a writeup, there all over the place.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Last edited by Esotericimage; 04-19-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 06:47 AM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 8thchild is learning the way of the D8thchild is learning the way of the D

Cool I do not have good luck with pb I use auto guide now so I can post my pics straight out of my phone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
8thchild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Yet my images from 8+ years ago still show up.......using photobucket.
Maybe if you log in often and the pics get lots of views.

I like viewing old dynos in old threads, and find them via google. All too often the picture will be BLANK, not the "removed or deleted" picture. When you click on it the PB page shows the image title, produces an image name, but shows a tiny red "X" or nothing at all.

Here's an example (both the forum page's post #13 and the pic's PB page):
Post Your All Motor JDM H22 Type S Piston Builds! - Honda-Tech
Dyno2008001.jpg Photo by misterpsycho | Photobucket

FYI this is a problem from home & work PC's, different IP's, etc.
HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2013, 05:05 AM   #18 (permalink)

Default Post your pics on the board using ImageShack

Stop whining y'all, here's your treat...
Don't pay attention to the French browser, clickable content of the English IS page should be placed similarly.

After the sign up, click on "UPLOAD MEDIA"

Click on "BROWSE"

Choose your pic/video to upload

Choose the size at wich you wish to embed the image (not necessary, the board automatically resizes the images here)

After the loading of the image(s), you can directly select the IMG code to post on the board

Or use "My uploads" to get the codes for older images, it'll be on the right. You can even select multiple images to get 1 code for all of them.

How do I change the title of the thread to "Post your pics on the board using PhotoBucket/ImageShack"?

Last edited by royboy; 04-21-2013 at 05:20 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 8thchild is learning the way of the D8thchild is learning the way of the D

Good info.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
8thchild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

doesnt get any easier than this right here...

imageshack desk top tool bar deal... drag and drop:

chose the size

press upload

direct links... there are other options as well...

right click, upload to imageshack

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

Last edited by 4Door; 04-21-2013 at 08:57 AM.
4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
how to, image loading, photobucket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in