Winter Ideas - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 Safety_Driver  is slowly gaining respectSafety_Driver  is slowly gaining respectSafety_Driver  is slowly gaining respectSafety_Driver  is slowly gaining respectSafety_Driver  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Winter Ideas

If you don't have a garage and outside is frozen cold.
My mom and dad just gave an awesome idea to protect my windshield and save me sometime early next morning.

The best way is just to throw a bed sheet over the windshield and clamp it with the front doors.
I didn't have and decided to use a vinyl + cardboard.
My car is all frozen now. I cleaned the windows but wanna make sure the windshield is not frozen for tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blizzard.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	911.3 KB
ID:	33928  

Last edited by Safety_Driver; 01-27-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Safety_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to 4D2Envy

I've done something like this before the bedsheet does work kinda unless freezing rain is in the forecast than your just fucked lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"My Car Isn't Leaking Oil, It's Sweating Horsepower!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
4D2Envy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 Safety_Driver  is slowly gaining respectSafety_Driver  is slowly gaining respectSafety_Driver  is slowly gaining respectSafety_Driver  is slowly gaining respectSafety_Driver  is slowly gaining respect

Yes, the forecast was freezing rain.
All my car was frozen, so I clean the windows and put that on the windshield.
I don't know the forecast for over night but right now is above 32F so far.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

if you can get the boxes that they used to carry like chicken and stuff, they are a lot better as they have like a wax coating to prevent the box from crumble from the water and ice.

This makes them repel the snow, ice and water.
Boricuanolgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 04:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 EJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ6Civic27

They make covers that stick to windshields. I dont know exactly how they stick, but my ex's brother had one. Same concept as above, but you don't need anything extra to hold it down. Throw the cover on the windshield, and done.

a6 Cam/z6 intake manifold/full header back exhaust
Spider RPM tune/3500rpm launch/7200 fuel cut/NGK AFX Wideband

EJ6Civic27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 04:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

also lift your winshield wiper arms....that way they dont freeze to your windshield and stay clean....nothing worse than ice build up on your wipers that just leave water streaks across the window

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 Kevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to all

^^ Scott how the hell to do you drain oil back into the pan with your turbo placement

I wouldnt be putting boxes and seran over my car in the freezing rain either, either get it under cover or lift the wipers and let nature cover it gently lol
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to 4D2Envy

Lol I weather protect mine simply......In the bat cave!!

"My Car Isn't Leaking Oil, It's Sweating Horsepower!"
4D2Envy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in