Auto to Manual conversion questions inside - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Auto to Manual conversion questions inside

Hello again. Things don't seem to be going as well as intended with my auto to 5spd conversion and I thought I'd ask all you guys before I go and do a bunch of fab work if I don't have to. I've done 3 auto to 5 spd conversions and I don't remember having the problem that I'm having.

As of right now I got the auto out and the 5spd and new clutch/flywheel in. I also soldered together the wires that need soldered and replaced the pedals, added the reservoir and cylinder and bled the clutch, remove the automatic shifter and cut out the hump and then I go to bolt in the shift linkage stabilizer bar and there is nothing to bolt up to. There are holes but none of them line up. And I don't remember ever drilling and tapping holes for the shifter to mount to.

The easiest way is to just do like I said, drill and tap a new hole or I can find a wider rubber bushing (even though I'm 99% sure that the one I have is the only size lol.

All in all it's not to big of a deal. I just noticed it when I was about to head home and thought I might as well post it up and see if I'm crazy or if I possibly have the wrong part.

Thanks.
rb26dett32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

As I posted that I remembered drilling holes in the last auto to 5 spd conversion. Or at least I think I did. I'll just check it out tomorrow.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

lol. I just went through my album and yep, I definitely drilled some holes.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 dj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

You are crazy if you dont.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dj211855 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj211855 View Post
You are crazy if you dont.
Yea lol. I'm not sure how I forgot about them. I blame it on lack of sleep.

Speaking of lack of sleep...
Old 12-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Why is this posted in the DIY thread?
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 khrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

cuz hes a noob, if you are talking about the rear stabilizer bushing on the rear of the shifter, then just mark it and drill it. i have 2 long bolts from the inside of the car dropping down. i would post pics but the car is covered in snow.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

theft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the sky

this is how i did it.

so just man up and drill those holes already!

my build thread:::: z6 block forged internals with a y8 head with comp 59300 cam and springs, NOW boosted

theft-repo-sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by theft-repo-sol View Post
this is how i did it.

so just man up and drill those holes already!

I'm fixing mine this summer just like this. I don't know why no one has ever posted it in the millions of auto to man DIY's. Just cut the hump out of a 5spd car and glue/rivet/weld it into the auto car and BAM perfect 5spd conversion.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 07:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

theft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the sky

yeah im working on an extensive auto - 5 speed DIY now. ive done it so many different ways though and my most recent is my favorite.
rep to you sir for noticing.

my build thread:::: z6 block forged internals with a y8 head with comp 59300 cam and springs, NOW boosted

theft-repo-sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in