Brake rotor upgrade gen1 crx - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Brake rotor upgrade gen1 crx

Hey all,

Hope this is in the right forum.

I have a gen1 crx and am changing from factory front disc brakes to BB1 prelude calipers and legend rotors.

The question I have is that the:
Original Bore size of the rotor is 61mm
The new bore size of the legend rotor is 64mm.

Is using the wheel studs sufficient enough to locate the rotor on the hub or do I need to get a eccentric washer made up and shrunk onto the original hub.

Hope that makes sense
eritate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Doh I think I just realized this is in the wrong forum - once Ive done the work then I guess I could post the upgrade in this forum. - Can a Mod please move to appropriate section thanks
eritate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

It's better the have it hub centric, but I have multiple friend who run non-hub centric wheels.

But to be even more safe make sure both surfaces are very clean, and use the screws on the rotor (with anti seize).

At least you noticed the location issue!

EDIT: just looked at the build. If I were tracking the car, I wouldn't hesitate to get the "washer" made up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...

Last edited by Mr.Fodo; 12-18-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 07:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

Lug centric. Look it up.

Brake upgrades are such a waste of money and time. These cars are so light and brake excellent stock even up to 50-75% more power.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in