Can it be done, swap seat rail internals - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 06:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question Can it be done, swap seat rail internals

Just a curious question, I have read all the seat swap DIY and have never heard of someone trying to change the slider rail to fit in another. This would work for my swap if it can be done. I'm trying 91 teg seats into 90 civic dx hatch. Seat belt will not be an issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rixter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 06:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Black94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Wrong forum.

Also, google.
http://www.utahhondas.net/index.php?topic=35678.0
Took me 3 seconds.
You're welcome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1994 Honda Del Sol Si, Granada Black Pearl D16Z6
Xbox GT: Atara9
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Last edited by Black94Si; 11-30-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Black94Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black94Si View Post
Wrong forum.

Also, google.
FAQ: Honda/Acura Seat Compatibility and DIY Seat Pan Swap...EDUCATE YOURSELF!
Took me 3 seconds.
You're welcome.
I have seen that thread, I'm not asking about pan swap. And this is the DIY forum right. Anyone else, that has helpful info. Peace.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Black94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixter View Post
I have seen that thread, I'm not asking about pan swap. And this is the DIY forum right. Anyone else, that has helpful info. Peace.
Is this a DIY tutorial? Nah? Ok then. "This chart will list all compatible vehicles for a proven and tested BOLT-ON combination."
That means you can take a god damn Integra seat and throw it in your Civic and it's a direct bolt on. No rail swapping involved. No pan swapping.

"All other options will fall under the "Seat Pan Swap" category."
Lern2read.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...rum-rules.html
Also, give this a quick read once you're done learning to read.

Last edited by Black94Si; 11-30-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Quote:
Black94Si's right, this is the wrong forum. This forum is for posting "How you did something" not asking "How someone else has done something".

If you're not talking about doing a pan swap I'm assuming you're either talking about 1) unbolting the sliders from a Civic seat and bolting them to an Integra pan [which might work] or 2) splitting the slider into two pieces [i.e. the one piece that bolts to the floor and the other piece that actually slides for and aft]. Option 2 will most definitely NOT work. The slider portion of the rail is spot welded to the bracket.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by awebb View Post
Black94Si's right, this is the wrong forum. This forum is for posting "How you did something" not asking "How someone else has done something".

If you're not talking about doing a pan swap I'm assuming you're either talking about 1) unbolting the sliders from a Civic seat and bolting them to an Integra pan [which might work] or 2) splitting the slider into two pieces [i.e. the one piece that bolts to the floor and the other piece that actually slides for and aft]. Option 2 will most definitely NOT work. The slider portion of the rail is spot welded to the bracket.
Option 1 will work, according to the thread I posted. Option 2 would be fuckin ludicrous. lol

Old 11-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by awebb View Post

That was my question option 2 and to see if a diy was known to have beeen done. The slider part has the stopping points, if they were removed or altered would it work was what I was wondering. And thanks for the insight. Peace.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Option 1 will work, according to the thread I posted. Option 2 would be fuckin ludicrous. lol

Quote:
I don't do hip hop artist

Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

Wrong forum.
You did not do a D.I.Y. Negative rep given.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

you all retards or what, we have already established the forum rules.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:

I dont do hip hop artist
WTF man?? do you know how the quote feature works?

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

OK, I am certain.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 EGCoupe94 smells like BoratEGCoupe94 smells like BoratEGCoupe94 smells like BoratEGCoupe94 smells like BoratEGCoupe94 smells like BoratEGCoupe94 smells like Borat

With a drill press anything is possible! I fit 93 Prelude seats in my 94 Civic Coupe. I used the EG left rail on the drivers seat and the Prelude right rail with the mounting hole relocated.
EGCoupe94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Mayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGCoupe94 View Post
With a drill press anything is possible! I fit 93 Prelude seats in my 94 Civic Coupe. I used the EG left rail on the drivers seat and the Prelude right rail with the mounting hole relocated.
Pretty similar to what I did with my 98 Hatch. Bought some brackets off ebay and bolted on the appropriate sliders from the hatch and the prelude seats. All 4 corners bolted up with a little convincing and rocking strong now for almost 2 years. LOVE the seats so much more than EKs too.

Mayfieldfour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Dafuq did I just read?

That dude's name is Ludacris. Look "ludicrous" up in the dictionary.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

Ya you guys need to stop posting on this. This int 4chanfags. So let it be.

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
Ya you guys need to stop posting on this. This int 4chanfags. So let it be.
Free country bitch.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

So is forever neg rep.

The point has been made. Leave it be.

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
So is forever neg rep.

The point has been made. Leave it be.
Woooahhhhhh calm down there pal.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in