DIY REAR lights? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default DIY REAR lights?

I know you can split and paint the headlights but what about the tail lights?
Im looking at buying some EM1 taillights but the inside could do with a once over if even possible!
RandomDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Wrong section. But yes certain tails can be separated youll have to look to see if its 2 pieces
1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Si
1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

19si91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

why would you want to mess with OEM EM1 tail lights? They're perfect. Unless they're Fake lol.

Just buff n polish the outer lense.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 09:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
why would you want to mess with OEM EM1 tail lights? They're perfect. Unless they're Fake lol.

Just buff n polish the outer lense.
my thoughts exactly.... one of the best OEM taillights ever.... dont mod them. Leave them alone.
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

I agree with that but the chrome is coming away on them so if i could split them and repair/repaint that then they would be perfect.
If i can repair them i will buy them if not then the search continues!
I currently have the ebay cheap job ones are they are a leaking like they arnt even there!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

You want to repair chrome from tail lights you want to buy?
Do you have a sample picture?

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 12:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
You want to repair chrome from tail lights you want to buy?
Do you have a sample picture?
This is the picture i have of the ones i was looking to buy.
http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r...5923104884.jpg
Old 11-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

you can fix them, but it is not as easy as your head lights

you will have to cut them open at the plastic welded seam like they id in this vid :

ls/lownslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 JBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I baked and separated the lenses from the housings for my CRX tail lights just the other day...no cutting required.

Sometimes moisture gets inside the housings and not only causes the silver paint on the "reflector" portion to flake off, but also can cause mold/mildew/dirt to accumulate on the lenses. Best way to make them right is to separate the lenses from the housings, clean everything up, repaint the housings as necessary, and reassemble everything.
JBrettHowell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

I was hoping someone had experience with these particular lights.
If its not going to be a tidy job id rather not do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in