DIY: injector rust removal in 30 minutes or less - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

theft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Default DIY: injector rust removal in 30 minutes or less

1. purchase 120 grit sand paper
2. good battery/electric drill
3. remove injector filter
follow procedure

tighten drill onto injector

now wrap injector in sand paper (i used 120 grit).

presto!

you can get your injectors ready for paint or just shiney again in thirty minutes or less by folowing this easy procedure.
enjoy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my build thread:::: z6 block forged internals with a y8 head with comp 59300 cam and springs, NOW boosted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
theft-repo-sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 monster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

why would u want to remove that rust? and who paint injectors??
monster111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 02:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 SirryRicer is learning the way of the DSirryRicer is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

^ maybe he just likes the shiny.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

120 grit? Should be more like 1500

2014 Fiesta ST

90civichillclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 crxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Just because of the magnitude of people on this site, you must include a disclaimer.

If you over tighten the drill onto your injectors, no one, except you, is responsible, for you being a Moe Ron. If you hurt yourself or others due to the lack of knowledge on how to operate a variable speed trigger, and do not understand that you don't have to be wide the f open all the time, then well... you had it coming. Good day.

You asked.

"Don't get too close to me, you'll get Horsepower on you!"
-DonWon
crxdonwon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

theft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster111 View Post
i pay close attention to minute details of my builds. you never know whos looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirryRicer View Post
^ maybe he just likes the shiny.
i crave shiney and refurbished. i mean whats the point of putting old busted ass parts on a busted ass car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90civichillclimber View Post
120 grit? Should be more like 1500
if i used 1500 grain it would take a week instead of half an hour. they are just injectors btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxdonwon View Post
Just because of the magnitude of people on this site, you must include a disclaimer.

If you over tighten the drill onto your injectors, no one, except you, is responsible, for you being a Moe Ron. If you hurt yourself or others due to the lack of knowledge on how to operate a variable speed trigger, and do not understand that you don't have to be wide the f open all the time, then well... you had it coming. Good day.

You asked.
thanks for the advice. rep for you.

my build thread:::: z6 block forged internals with a y8 head with comp 59300 cam and springs, NOW boosted

Last edited by theft-repo-sol; 10-22-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster111 View Post
Me. I painted mine. I think I painted almost everything

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

If you want injectors that aren't "busted ass parts" get them cleaned, rebuild and flowtested correctly.

Doing what you did is ghetto, and not even in a good way.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
If you want injectors that aren't "busted ass parts" get them cleaned, rebuild and flowtested correctly.

Doing what you did is ghetto, and not even in a good way.
i agree acid beaver, after i remove the rust from my injectors i test them but id fear what you would say if i told you about my ghetto testing apparatus. these particular injectors were pulled from a running f23 because i needed good 240s. if your intrested in the testing apparatus ill pm it to you but its not for duplication without experience.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post

my god man! its beautiful! whats it in? please tell me its in going in that new hatch!

Old 10-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by theft-repo-sol View Post
my god man! its beautiful! whats it in? please tell me its in going in that new hatch!
what's in it? Air? lol.
It doesn't have nothing in transmission, block or head. It's a display engine for my garage

but for the exterior of the fuel injectors, I just used steel wool.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:

wow that looks really good i like the gold !
40MPGd15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
what's in it? Air? lol.
It doesn't have nothing in transmission, block or head. It's a display engine for my garage

but for the exterior of the fuel injectors, I just used steel wool.
aw steel wool!
ill ship you some injectors to try my method on its harmless.

this display model was functional until i busted it tuning.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #14 (permalink)

Default GOLD

What brand and color is that Gold? Since yours is a display, would you use the same paint for an engine that would be running?

Thanks

Ralph
Turbulence is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Not to keen on this but I guess it came out alright.

everything road racing
known is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

I've actually adapted a wire brush on the drill... much more effective, though...
like this one

Before

After
zkapa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

The only thing nicer than de-rusted stockers: any other injector designed in the last decade. Pintle-style injectors make less power and get worse gas milage than any of the newer style of Bosch, Delphi, Siemens, Denso, an KeiHin (who make most of Honda's older stock injectors). These are the type that use atomization plates.

If you aren't using the stock Honda ems (can calibrate injector deadtime), you're far better off without the stock 240cc type. I've seen over a 10% MPG boost just with basic 4-hole injectors BEFORE tuning.
HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in